• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devil's Lake ?

What can I expect during mid-March on a trip to Devil's Lake?

We'll be armed with tip ups and smelt and some jiggin rods. Is there much size to the pike in Devil's Lake? Never been there so we are excited to learn!

You can exspect good action in March, that is when I usually go out there for the best bite of the year. Size of DL northerns is pretty consistent 5-8lb range usually. One good tip is fish shallower than you usually would else were, not sure why but Northern in DL are usually pretty shallow

Expect to be overwhelmed by the vastness of the lake. I strongly recommend stopping at Ed's Bait Shop (or any of the other local bait shops) to get pointed in the right direction if you don't already have a game plan.

Pike on DL...no problem.

Set tip ups if you like and run the flag drill...but if you really want Smack'n Action than rip jig with Salmo Zippers and you will have so many pike flopping on the ice it will scare ya. They tear them Zippers up!!

Silver Blue, FireTiger, Real Roach, and the Gold Orange Zippers or Chubbys are Pike Candy.

Rip'n Zippers are real Hog Callers up there, most anywhere pike roam really. You get your share of dandy sumo walleye too when working Zippers and #6 Salmo Chubbys.

I highly recommend a Tiger Wire leader, about 16" long, a longer rod like the Jason Mitchell Elite Series 36MH Mackinaw bait casing rod or the new 38 inch spinning rod.....or.... a lot of extra Zippers and Chubbys.

Jason Mitchell Elite Series Rods and Combo's.

RIP..RIP..RIP....*THUD*...WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!