• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I Found one!

Great gray owl that is grin.....10 miles north of Hibbing.....4 miles west of Hwy #5(Connors Road)

).....the owl was there in the blowing snow and wind along a country road in a field near an old house ....light was also fading fast as I spotted this owl about 4:30....images are certainly not good but the owl was there...lucky I got "any" images let alone good ones...lol!.........I'm kind of wondering if there just may be an "owl invasion" this winter....the guy that told me about this owl said he's seen 8 owls on this very same road within the last week...not all great grays because he said some were "smaller ".....hmmmm,...wonder what the smaller ones are! grin

P1060261-1.JPG

greatgray7.JPG

DSCN4046-1.JPG

Sweet! More owls! There was one reported on Townline Rd yesterday about a miles East of Hwy 5. I took two trips down there today looking for it since its only a couple miles from my house but no luck. I am going to go out tomorrow and search for more, maybe stake out ribs2 for some Boreal Chickadees as well. I hope some of those "smaller" owls are hawk owls.

Great Jay!....I'm almost ready to go out the door here this morning myself.... "heading north"...the hwy #65 "bog country" near Buck Lake,Bower Lake,Stingy Lake Trail area....I "know" there's owls there and a little closer to Hibbing then the Cotton area.... it's all boreal forest in that area as in the Sax-bog country(but then again a third of minnesota is one big swamp anyways)....not the nicest/bestest photo conditions today with the blowing snow and wind for sure grin...oh well...not going to find owls sitting on our butts in front of the TV grin....I'm taking a couple ribs also....might find a "sweet" spot grin

Jim I won't be going to the bog tomorrow(Sunday)....spent a good portion of the day from north of Nashwauk(Stingy Lake area) to the fields of the sax bog......next week some time but thanks for the offer ....I met Jay this morning and we talked for awhile while snapping birdie pics grin at the rib station.....redpolls ,chickadees,gray jays and a downey....man,she's cold out there! cry....and colder expected tomorrow!.....Christmas shopping at wally-world sunday grin......