• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official "What I got at the St. Paul Ice Show" Thread

Glockwinger

I am a "jerk" from time to time but that will happen after 10 years. The best part is she doesn't want to get married, she says it a waste of money for in her words " a stupid piece of paper that gives people a reason to fight and argue".

I had a nice sit down with her dad in regards to marriage and he said don't waste your money on a wedding and put it towards a house.

I really lucked out with a good girl that is not the jealous type and likes to fish, camp, and atv and she is also not afraid to work for the things she wants. Add to that my "in-laws" are awesome. I couldn't ask for a better situation.

Let's all hope she doesn't wise up and leave me. shocked

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew! Finally a chance to relax after the long weekend smile

Thanks to everyone who stopped by the Thorne Bros booth this weekend! I truly enjoyed talking with all of you! I had some excellent conversations and a lot of laughs. Too bad we don't have more hours in a day smile

I didn't get a chance to stray too far from the booth because of how busy things were, but I appreciate all of you who stopped by and introduced yourselves. And as always, I enjoyed seeing a lot of familiar faces too smile

If anyone ever needs anything from Thorne Bros I'm just a phone call or e-mail away! smile

Thanks again and all of the staff at Thorne Bros appreciate the support!

hey matt i was going to introduce myself but man you were always way too busy alot of people there i got some bait pucks and bobbers from your booth,maybe next time

Eskimo 250 with cover free. I was looking for the 150 but they said it is on back order so I went with the 250 for a few bucks more.

Then a few hooks and jigs and that is about it.

Still laughing on how many times I heard guys once they walked past the bikini girls say, " I think that one likes you".

Good Luck Fishing!

I went to the show on Sunday and met up with crazyice.

I got:

A few stickers for my Jeep,

Couple of velcro rod holders,

The last pack of ScudBugs from Joe's,

Amsoil Saber Pro - can't wait to try it, but hubby thinks it won't work @ 80:1 or 100:1. I know better.

The display Fishtrap Pro from Josh at Thorne - and he even carried it to the loading dock for me. What a deal!!!

Fun time - can't wait to use it all!!

Grabbed a handful of Bigtooth Tackle's Quickstrike rigs... They seem alot more durable than the cheepo's made in china.

Thats all I use anymore for the Red Lake hogs and they have been working great.

As for the Bikini team same thing I said at the show- "I'm still paying for the last two I can't afford to even look at a possible third" wink

Picked up two seats for my Otter great deal saved over $50, rod, rod sleeves and some new line. Then found a great pub just down the street with some cold beer and great food. Next time I will bring a bib along to catch all the drool from looking at all the toys.

Well lets see what didn't I get hmm. I got a new arctic gloves(keeps hands warm), Lindy lures (seen Ted !!), st croix rod(nice product), a beer(yum), a lil snow suit for grandbaby,a aqua view stand, a beer yum yum), oh yeah got my Lure lightning (great idea, nice people), another beer(yummy),what??? they have bills to pay too. Oh yeah seen those bikini girls, have to agree with somethingfishy though not very cute, from all the hype you hear about them, don't think they should quit their day job. Had a fantastic time there, can't wait till next year.

I didnt make the show. the main reason I was going to go was to check out portables. I was set to go untill I saw the add for Joe's. they had quick fish 3's on sale and they are just down the street for me.

parking, plus entry would have soaked up any savings I was going to see.

So, I didn't make it to the show(sick and throwing up :() but my girlfriend was one of the EMTs volunteering w/the red cross there, so if you saw any young cute scandinavian girls in EMT uniform, might have been her!

So while she was there she totally got the "Bikini Ice Fishing Team" poster with autographs from the whole bikini team for me.

Don't I have the best girlfriend EVER????

She sounds like she could be MY GF,maybe they are long lost sisters.Was she the tall good looking shorthaired blonde?

Let's see got some srikemaster bait pucks Strikemaster jacket vexlar pants. My 13yr old sold me on the easybite bobbers for your pole nice looks like they are the ticket they gave my kid a sweet hat also. Every year my kid scores something from the show the vendors are alway's good with the kids. Would have bought more but did a number at Gander on Thanksgiving so did not need much. I am with most of the other guy's the bikini team was not much too look at, like they really fish come on.

Thanks to Breezy point's give away of that rhino I signed up for it and I won an all first class acommadations paid vacation to disnyland,Theme parks and rides included, and Daytona beach of a total 8 days nights for 4 people at a cost of $500. I have to get myself to Florid first.

Looks like I just got put on a promotional list. Thank's Breezy point for selling my name. To me this is boarder line identity theft.

Thanks to Breezy point's give away of that rhino I signed up for it and I won an all first class acommadations paid vacation to disnyland,Theme parks and rides included, and Daytona beach of a total 8 days nights for 4 people at a cost of $500. I have to get myself to Florid first.

Looks like I just got put on a promotional list. Thank's Breezy point for selling my name. To me this is boarder line identity theft.

Ouch... that hurts. mad

The only time I sign up for anyting like that is if I am trying to get the free gift you get when signing up. I use a "bar name", the street address of my first house, an old phone number with a 1 at the end for social, and my ex-wifes phone number for a contact. That way if they do call, it is not me who is getting it.