• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official "What I got at the St. Paul Ice Show" Thread

Glockwinger

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew! Finally a chance to relax after the long weekend smile

Thanks to everyone who stopped by the Thorne Bros booth this weekend! I truly enjoyed talking with all of you! I had some excellent conversations and a lot of laughs. Too bad we don't have more hours in a day smile

I didn't get a chance to stray too far from the booth because of how busy things were, but I appreciate all of you who stopped by and introduced yourselves. And as always, I enjoyed seeing a lot of familiar faces too smile

If anyone ever needs anything from Thorne Bros I'm just a phone call or e-mail away! smile

Thanks again and all of the staff at Thorne Bros appreciate the support!

hey matt, i will see you tus to pick up my rods. man the next time theres an event like this ya need to stamp your forhead with something so we can tell your a FMer. didnt realize yhat many of us was there. ya i also helped the economy. 2 rod and reel setups at thone bros, 2 leech lake knives at reeds and $700 at cabelas on sunday. got to meet dietz at cabelas and he was responsible for $600. but thanks dietz for all your help and info. looking forward to using my new toy yhis weekend.

picked up new strikemaster auger

also found a smokin deal on a fl 20.

picked up some red and pink buckshots that i have never seen great color combo for lotw.

got some metallic colored jigs

picked up the space bobber and 2 jiggin minnows.i'll try anything just to see if it works.lol

also got a few more rods.

all in all the show was great.the deal i got on the fl 20 was worth the trip.

Ok as of now there are 42 posts and no frown pictures of the bikini fishing team smirk

6 pages and nothing yet? Have I got a deal for you, go to dubya-dubya-dubya d0t bikiniicefishing d0t com, there's 50 pictures of the Bikini Ice Fishing Team in the gallery (think: pretty girls in bikins operating ice augers on ice - had to ponder the wording there quote a bit smile ) and a handful of videos (think: pretty girls in bikinis driving Wilcraft's on ice). One of the girls tipped me off to the URL. smile

I honestly didn’t see anything worth taking a picture of wink

Some guys were tripping over themselves to get their calendars signed and a picture. I didn’t get all the fuss.

I found myself more interested in the fishing stuff. Guess I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. grin

Let's see.....I took my wife and daughter and we bought;

The Jonny ice fishing book

A new ice rod and reel for my daughter

Some plastic lures

A bottle of the "UV" paint

And a copy of the Lakemaster PC software. The new version interfaces to a USB GPS receiver so the software can be used as a real time tool on the truck or boat. Pretty cool stuff with lots of features.

Originally Posted By: Fish Toys
Ok as of now there are 42 posts and no frown pictures of the bikini fishing team smirk

6 pages and nothing yet? Have I got a deal for you, go to dubya-dubya-dubya d0t bikiniicefishing d0t com, there's 50 pictures of the Bikini Ice Fishing Team in the gallery (think: pretty girls in bikins operating ice augers on ice - had to ponder the wording there quote a bit smile ) and a handful of videos (think: pretty girls in bikinis driving Wilcraft's on ice). One of the girls tipped me off to the URL. smile

good way to post it LMAO

My girl and I both agreed that the Bikini Ice Team didn't look all that great in person, most of them had decent bodies but their faces left something to be desired. Now in their Calendar they looked alot better, it's amazing what makeup and airbrushing does for the human art form.

I would have taken a calendar for the fish house but wasn't willing to waste $20 on it.

My girl and I both agreed that the Bikini Ice Team didn't look all that great in person, most of them had decent bodies but their faces left something to be desired. Now in their Calendar they looked alot better, it's amazing what makeup and airbrushing does for the human art form.

I said the same thing to Wade.

thornes power noodle

ice armour windcutter

ice armour base layer pants

assortment of bro's new jigs and bloodworms

powerbait waxies and mealworms

thorne 25th shirt

ice armour socks

2 tica reels

i think that was it....

oh and a sore butt from the 6 hour drive each way.. but was happy to see the price of gas was quite lower and didn't even spend 80 bucks in gas for the round trip.

Lets see.... I never paid full price for anything, and we spent a lot of $$$$. grin

I picked up an adaptor for the hand auger so it would run off the drill (the thing is everything it was billed as), some spoons to throw at lakers in Jan., and a new laker rod. Tied to buy a fishhouse, but the model I finaly decided on was sold out, no more at the show mad. I was quoted a price by the rep, but the dealers would not honor it because they would have to order new. I even offered to pay in advance at the show mad, it was very frustrating.

My brother got a blue suit, for a steal. Then began playing the game and got some of the vendors into a "bidding war" on an LX 5. The price he ended up paying was almost shamefull. I am not sure who it was that he got it from, either reeds or thorn bros, almost felt like we should leave right after that transaction for fear of being arrested.

All in all it was a great show!! You do have to deal with the crouds a bit, but if you do your research a bit before you go, and know what the prices should be, you can get more than enough discounts to make up for the parking and tickets.

I did get to talk one on one with Jason Mitchel, Bro, and Dave Genz. It was kind of fun to get dave and bro going about who made a better fish house wink. In all it seamed like you had to get over the croud, find a rep, and work a deal. It was fun.

So, I didn't make it to the show(sick and throwing up :() but my girlfriend was one of the EMTs volunteering w/the red cross there, so if you saw any young cute scandinavian girls in EMT uniform, might have been her!

So while she was there she totally got the "Bikini Ice Fishing Team" poster with autographs from the whole bikini team for me.

Don't I have the best girlfriend EVER????

So, I didn't make it to the show(sick and throwing up :() but my girlfriend was one of the EMTs volunteering w/the red cross there, so if you saw any young cute scandinavian girls in EMT uniform, might have been her!

So while she was there she totally got the "Bikini Ice Fishing Team" poster with autographs from the whole bikini team for me.

Don't I have the best girlfriend EVER????

Better hang on to that one!

Originally Posted By: SomethingFishy

I said the same thing to Wade.

"Good from far, far from good"...

I would have taken a calendar for the fish house but wasn't willing to waste $20 on it.

*I should also add that my girlfriend is the one who suggested this calendar for placement in our wheelhouse.*