• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official "What I got at the St. Paul Ice Show" Thread

Glockwinger

I got an Otter Cabin, purchased through Reeds. The Otter guys were really nice and helpful, although they did screw up my purchase. Luckily it sounds like they've got great customer service to help me out on Monday.

I got my new Otter out on the ice last night. It is SWEET.

Northlander - it was good seeing ya again. I'll remember that boat motor advice.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up the strikemaster bibs as mine took on more water than the Titanic last spring. Very good price. I was going to get the ice armor blue set but why spend $200 when $75 gets the job done? Also picked up a few heads or tails jigs. $3 can't hurt to try. My three year old ran out of gas quick so I missed most of the show. He has as much fun in the car watching Scooby Doo apparently.

I didn't buy a thing and probably will not attend again. I went saturday morning. Way to many people there for the area it was in. Couldn't even get in to look at anything. Wish my dad and I would have saved the 26 bucks between parking and tickets.

The show was great nice to talk to quite a few folks and couldn't believe how quickly the LX-5's had sold out. I picked up a lure lightning looks pretty cool and easier then the tazer lights. Then I also got some of the new anchors for the Clam Base Camp I got at Thorne Bros for a heck of a deal....and an auger extension from the Strikemaster booth..and 2 Tica reels from Reed's for another great deal.

Then last but not least the Ice Fishing Bikini team calendar with their signatures and hearts on their layed out page.... grin

My only complaint was that Artic Armor needs to get larger sizes tried on the 3X and it was like Fat kid in a little coat/bibs....

I didn't buy a thing and probably will not attend again. I went saturday morning. Way to many people there for the area it was in. Couldn't even get in to look at anything. Wish my dad and I would have saved the 26 bucks between parking and tickets.

I will agree that it's a little tight in there. Hard to move around and when you get a couple of purchases it gets even harder. Wade and I went to it right as it opened today and didn't have to deal to much with too many folks, but there were quite a few there. I don't like the price of parking for sure. But I felt like the deals I got were well worth it. Plus it's always good to see some of the guys there. Had a nice long chat with Matt Johnson and that's always worth the trip. I wish I woulda had an extra $480 to pick up the LX5 one of the booths had on sale.

My only complaint was that Artic Armor needs to get larger sizes tried on the 3X and it was like Fat kid in a little coat/bibs....

grin That was quite the show watchin ya squeeze into those things. grin I think you gave the Bikini team a run for their money when you were trying to get out of 'em though sickcrywhistlesick

I bought the blue suit (the red ones were sold out of my size) and a new Yukon flipover house. Spent every penny I brought with but it was worth it. I stopped at a booth for a fishing contest in sconie told the guy I spent way too much money and could'nt go he handed me to free tickets, way cool.

Bought an Ice Armor suit from Reeds for a good price, Vexilar battery and charger also for a good price from Reeds, a Kwik Koupler for half the price fleet had them at, a Croxton 8 rod case for a smokin price, and 2 bottles of SM oil for the auger. Parents are gonna cover the IceArmor as my Christmas present, so I got out of there for under a hundred.

Keep in mind next for next year, the city of St. Paul does not enforce their parking meters on sunday. I almost plotzed when I saw 12 bucks for parking across from the river center. I parked about a block and a half away and walked.....best 12 non dollars I ever spent

I tried Arctic Armor suit, the pants didn't seem to fit me very nice. {Note from Admin, please read forum policy before posting again,thank you.} I already have the Ice armor ones and they fit great, I was just hoping to have the ablility to float. I did manage a pair of gloves and some random lures. I agree with a few previous posts about not having very good deals. I got the best deals on the way home in Rogers at Grabelas.

Skunked nice seeing you and e-mail me about your order please.

I got 10 $5 Yad rods, 4 meatsticks, lures, new sedona 500 and deadstick from Matt at Thorne Brothers, Otter rod holders, new cover for my Cabin, some JR's flasher spoons in the hard to find gold with red eyes and some new Hyfax.

Nice to see and talk to everyone that stopped by the Otter and Nils booths.

I picked up Blue Ice Armor jacket and bibs, 5 chubby darters, and a mammoth rod/reel combo for 10 bucks. I'm satsified!

I got two of those combo's. One for pannies and one for eye's. Don't look like they come close to the TB Sweatheart rod and new reel I bought, but you couldn't beet $10 for spares for others to use.

What a great show! Special Thanks to all of the FM Family for your support. We hope you enjoy your lights and continue to see you at the show to hear the great fishing stories. Thanks Again

I was bummed when I got back to the truck and realized I forgot to pick one up. Maybe next yr.

Originally Posted By: Lure Lightning
What a great show! Special Thanks to all of the FM Family for your support. We hope you enjoy your lights and continue to see you at the show to hear the great fishing stories. Thanks Again

I was bummed when I got back to the truck and realized I forgot to pick one up. Maybe next yr.

You can always get them off of his HSOforum.