• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official "What I got at the St. Paul Ice Show" Thread

Glockwinger

Picked up a Hardwater Noodle rod and some P-Line from Thorne Bros. Had 20 percent off on a lot of their stuff so I ended up getting the Line for free, more or less. Also got an Arctic Armor suit. Can't wait to try them out tonight!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the show, noticed there wasn't as many wheelhouses in the other part as last year, not even half as many. Picked up a Frabil R2tec house for a steal from Marine General, it was the display model and the skirt was dirty and had a ripped seam, but for the price I couldn't pass it up. Also talked to Matt at Thorne Bros and picked up a perch sweetheart, a walleye sweeheart and a couple of tica reels.

I really enjoyed talking to the old timer selling shadow boxes of old hunting/fishing stuff! What a nice guy!!!

Yeah me too. I have a bunch of really nice old gear and I would love him to make a box for me.

Got a Jason M. perch rod, several jigs, ticket to extravaganz (free hat with purchase), talked to Jason Mitchell and had a good time overall. Even found a spot to park on the street so didnt have to pay the outrageous parking fees!!!

I had to stop by an account in St.Paul on Friday, and so I decided to check out the show.

I didn't expect to purchase anything, and then....

1) Kwik Koupler for my StrikeMaster Auger.

2) Take One Minnow Trap. I've been seeing this at the show's for years; time to try it.

3) Rod Rocker 2. For my....errrr, my buddy's shelter. Yeah, it'll be a gift...unless I keep it.

4) Adventure Shovel from Joe's. Hey, I've been know to drive into a ditch occasionally.

5) Xtra rod straps for my The Dangler. I love The Dangler. A great product for the deadstick.

And then...suddenly, I was outta cash man.

Dang!

Future purchase list (am I going back tomorrow? Probably. Sad.):

A) Slam'r 2 Fish Decoy System. I want to try this one on laker's Up Nort'.

B)The Lure Lightening. Cool product idea. I don't really need it, but hey, I'm doing part to jump start the economy.

C) Ice Rigger. I like cool machines that show the bite, yet also allow for the fish to be played via rod 'n reel.

D) Gabby's Wind Jigger. Because tip-ups are fun too! I like the new twist on the windlass style tip-up.

E) A new T-Bros. rod. Gotta buy one each year. Well....I don't gotta, but I love their sticks.

F) Ice Screws. There was a booth where the reps were selling these 6061(?)2024(?) grade aluminum anchor screws for ice houses. Innovative design that screwed in easily and looked to hold well. I've had zero luck with the cheap screw-in anchors in hard ice. Snow is one thing, plain ice demands another tool. Titanium climbing anchors work, but they are darned spendy. I think I'll get a couple of these and see what they can do.

G) The Space Bobber. Why? I've been seeing this product pitched at sports shows for as long as I can remember. The dude deserves an A for sheer perseverance. I'm sure it will end up in my angling museum, but still, I don't think I'll be able to rest in peace unless I get one of these things.

Finally, I am going to try to work out a combo deal with SnoBear Industries & The Exotica SwimWear Bikini Ice Fishing Team. I don't know what it will cost, but with a bit of haggling, I'm hoping I can work out a discount grin .

got some bait pucks and ice buster bobbers my boy got a great hand at the poker run for the artic armour suit he got 4- 8 of hearts not sure if he won yet as we had free tickets to the monster trucks so had to get there

So im still woundering about the suits. Do i drive 2 hours for it and then they dont have anything.

Buzzbait - if you'te talking about arctic armor suits I can help you get in the right size suit, just send me an email and we'll figure it out. If it's not the right size suit i'll exchange it for you. My contact info is in my signature.

I got a blue ice armour suit for a good price at thorns and a little johnny goes ice fishing book, my son likes the summer one so this is a great christmas gift. The one down point of the show was when that a hole, gary roach pushed my five year old son out of the way when he went stumbling by and never said anything. There was no one else in front of him so its not like it was crowded and he couldnt get by, I even said to watch where he was going but he just kept walking ignoring all of us, I guess i wasnt worth talking to since I didnt have anything to give him for free, as he went to a booth and grabbed a bunch of stuff and kept walking to the next one. I have heard stories of him being a self entitled a$$, but it really got me going actually having it happen to my son and there was no way he didnt see him cause he was the only person in the isle in front of him. All in all i liked the show, but i just had to rant.

I got the Lure Lightning, been eyeing it for a couple of years so broke down and got one. An ice pack to carry all my stuff along with two nice ice reels from Reeds. The Ice Screw. Two cheaper rod combo's for $10 for kids to use when they are with me. Then hit Thorne Bros for a second time and got a sweatheart walleye rod and a bunch of tackle. My buddy picked up a clam flip house.

Oh yea, best buy was the Bikini Team calendar and had four of them sign it!!! Even got little hearts on it!!!

Just got back, I too picked up the lure lightnin' thing, looks like it will work really well. I also talked myself out of doing ice house mod's to my small otter sled. I am gonna go with the flip up bench instead. That will save me time and time.....and make the wife happy that I am not spending time in the garage..........

Man those marcum camera's looked nice, but the bride would have tanned my hide......