• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Decoy size

JoeTC

I got them directly from the minnow guys selling them to the bait store had to make my own pins for them and they pretty much don't stay in the hole no matter how much weight you put on them. kinda fun to try something different every once and a while.

yup just piced up some of those dandy decoys.

I like a bit bigger decoys and still have the smaller pike come to them they arnt afraid of the size they are eating machines. I do how ever switch it oup when it comes to the fake decoys running anything in size from a ratten rap to a 10 inch decoy and as I have said before I jig these aggressivly to get the pike intrested with the flash.

Big decoy=big fish as far as we've seen on Rainy. We had a sucker that was an honest 16" and pushing 17". My dad's buddy speared a 20# plus northern, along with 2 others around 17# off that thing. It's life was cut short by another monster that took it out of sight and ripped it off the harness.

I personally would rather CPR those fish, but to each his own. I passed up one last year that I figured was 23-25# because I already had a fat 37" on the ice. I am a firm believer of bigger is better in this situation. We have a 2x6' hole with a decoy in one end and a sucker in the other.