• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HDTV Help please

Sandmannd

Question

Have my new HD hooked up. When watching a movie earlier this week it would blink on and off and loose signal on HDMI2. I thought it might be the DVD player. Well I connected my new XBox to the TV yesterday and it did the same thing. Tried it in HDMI1 and same thing. Used a different cable and same thing. When you turn it on it will last for a while and not do it, but then it does it quite often. Any idea what it might be?

11 answers to this question

the nice thing about hdmi cables, you can't really hook em up the wrong way. the first thing i would do is check for any loose connections. second, i would call the manufacturers 800 line. if that does not fix it, return it for a new one.

There are alot of comments on the Direct Tv site you might want to read involving the HDMI conections.(If I read correctly that is what you switched to)I did alot of reading on the very same issue and when I had Ditect installed the installer said they were recommended not to use the HDMI connections because of all the problems. WTH new stuff and cant use the best connection!

After he left I made the switch and no problems so far,But wanted to let you know there has been issues!

I did see you are useing the RCA jacks for some of your connections. Alot of TVs have auto find on the input try turning that off if you can and manually select the input and see if that helps! I manually select mine.

most hdmi tv's use hdmi and a composite connection as the same input disconnect your composite/component connections and see if that clears things up.

example: on my tv I use hdmi 1 and 2 so in component 1 i have my x-box. I have to turn off my hdmi 1 device ( direct tv) then the xbox jumps on