• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Applications: Individual vs. Group

Moose-Hunter

Myself and one, possibly two others will be submitting our spring applications. Most likely we'll all be hunting together, but sometimes it may just be me or me and one other.

Should we apply as a group? Is there any "advantages" in a group application? OR... should we all just apply as indivuals?

Signed...

Confused by the regs again!! laugh (aka: MooseHunter)

If you all want to hunt at the same time you could do the group deal.One gets drawn you all get a tag.The DNR will go by the lower preference points so if you have one or two points and there is a person in the group with zero that will hurt your chances they will go by the lowest of the groups points.If you are hunting with someone that is more experienced I might do the group permit over the indivdual just so you have that person with you on the hunt.

You may want to consider each putting in for a different time period as well. This way if a few of you draw you'll be able to hunt longer than 5 days and tag-team if you will. One guy can film for the other the fist period than switch it up for 2nd time period. All depends on your preference points though. Where I hunt, I only get drawn every third year so I'd rather have one guy get drawn one year and I the next and be able to assist/hunt both years. The law was finally changed that you can now assist another hunter, take advantage of it!

It depends on your goals for the hunt. If you all want to hunt together on the same trip, then you should sign up as a group or you risk someone not getting a tag. Applying as a group can be dangerous because it is an all or nothing draw, but if you do get drawn then you know you will all have tags.

There is no advantage or disadvantage to using a group or individual. If you apply as a group your preference is that of the person with the lowest preference number so if some of you have pref points than you may want to apply separate.