• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bait

river runt

I think I still have some herring in the freezer from last year did any one else try the herring or smelt and how did you do, I did better with live suckers.

I normally use shiners but they were not available last year. RR

I only use smelt anymore. Being I didn't get any this spring, I put my left over sucker minnows from pike fishing in Borax, a zip loc, and in the freezer. I'll see how they work. I'm also gonna try Northlands Slurpie Minnows on the quick strike rig. Hopefully this Saturday, if the blizzard don't hit.

Brian

Thanks!!...Is that from experience???...I'm down by Hudson, and there ain't no smelt here..Is it just that a norton who ain't smelt a smelt still thinks mmmmmmmmmmm...good? I know theres alot of foods I havn't eaten yet that can get me droolin' just from the aroma...Could a northern and me be that similar?? No wonder I love em'..