Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
s2h

Ice Fishing Locations?

7 posts in this topic

Has anybody ice fished in northern Illinois? If so, where? I think people fish in the bays of Lake Michigan later in the year. Anybody know about that?

I grew up fishing the fox chain, good variety of fish. Stick to Lake Marie and Petite and you can't go wrong. I haven't been down there in about ten years so things may be diffrent. The harbors on michigan can be good a little later in the year for perch. good luck.

Thanks eelpout. Looks like a good chain of lakes in that area.

The chain is always a good bet. The harbors are good around mid January. This year it may be earlier. I would check with any of your friends that have retention ponds in there community. They have good fish in them most of the time.

Thanks Bob, I actually have seen people in those little retention ponds. Its hard to believe they actually catch anything in them.

There are a lot of people that bring there fish home and release them. Fishing close to home.

Any updates on places to ice fish in Chicagoland?