• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Thorne Brothers rod.

JohnMickish

I don't know if I'm supposed to say anything or not but I got to play with a yet to be released prototype rod that Thorne will start making in the next few weeks.

All I'm going to say is there is nothing on the market like it, and if I where a bluegill I'd be scared, very scared.

It is the best rod I have ever seen. I saw it about a month ago and told Matt to have the guys tie one up for me. Just think, a combination of a panfish sweetheart and a power noodle. I will be picking one up soon I hope. The most detail I have ever seen though. It will be my christmas present to myself this year.

I'm not going to tell the story of how this particular blank came about, but when they said it takes HANDcrafting to a new level, they werent kidding. I learned how the rod actions that we all came to love where developed and I have more appreciation for these rod builders than I ever had before. Human craftsmanship, that's what separates the best from the rest.

Looks like the cat is out-of-the-bag on this one huh smile Guess I shouldn't have shown it at my last seminar wink

Thorne Bros is indeed working on a new custom rod. I've had a prototype of the rod for last month or so and I will admit... this is my all-time favorite rod, period. It took us a long time messing around with blanks to find the exact action we wanted. It's the quickest, yet most sensitive blank I've ever touched. Not to mentioned probably the lightest rod you'll ever put in your hand for this action and length.

A few hints... highest-spun solid graphite blank... fuji recoil guides... titanium tip-top... highest grade, minimal pore cork... this baby makes me smile as I type this smile

They are going to come stock-standard at 26-inches, but we will be able to build them up to 30 inches if need-be (and of course smaller than 26 too).

This rod, without a doubt, just set the new bar for panfish rods smile

I'll post more as things progress...

The blanks should be finished and in our hands within the next couple weeks, then we just have to begin building. We will have plenty to go around when the time comes. I don't have an exact price for you just yet... I'll post that info once we figure that out...