• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger Gas Tank

gritsnham

My stike master tank has a slow but sure leak around the seal between the upper and lower section of of the gas tank. I brought it inside today to change the blades out and this is the first time I ever noticed it leak. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem it is 3 years old but never heard of anyone else having a leaky gas tank.

Thanks

I had something similar happen last year on an older Strikemaster - except mine wasn't a slow leak. I had drained the gas before storing, but the gas cap was on tight and I wonder if enough pressure built up when it got hot during the summer to pop the seam. I make sure the cap isn't screwed on tight when I store it now.

I called hardware stores listed on Strikemasters HSOforum until I found one that had a new tank in stock. I think it was about 30$. I've used two part epoxy for plastic fuel tanks in the past with mixed results - didn't go that way this time cause I was leaving town for a weekend of fishing when I found the problem.