Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JRedig

Meet and greet, beer too?

30 posts in this topic

I propose the first of maybe several get togethers for the muskie crowd here. I'd love to spend an afternoon talking about these "stupid" fish with some other crazies like me over a few brewskies. Maybe do a few of these this winter, see how idea's and reflections change with time.

So, would Sunday Decemeber 21st work for anyone? Say 1pm till ____ at Decoy's in WBL. Chime in if you can make it or with a different date.

It would best to get a possible head count ahead of time to let them know.

We could also do a mini lure swap each time as well, I know I have stuff I could get rid of.

-Jeff

Jeff, you have a serious musky hangover.

Hopefully I'll be jerking some walleyes on the river that day but if not I might stop in. It would be nice to meet a few of you guys around the WBL area.

I'll be at the relatives that weekend. Sounds like a good idea though. I got some lures that I'm sure could find a better home. Something about owning 600 lures and only being able to use 1 at a time.......and maybe 3-4 in a day, lol.

Hey Mr Redig, was that you on Tonka last Friday in the Blue Boat crushing all the ice? If so, i was in the Blue Alum Navigator crushing ice behind ya and trolled by ya on the way in. What a fun day?

Hunter and I will be there I'm sure.

Hey Mr Redig, was that you on Tonka last Friday in the Blue Boat crushing all the ice? If so, i was in the Blue Alum Navigator crushing ice behind ya and trolled by ya on the way in. What a fun day?

Yes sir, that was me. Was that friday or saturday? Which ever, it was a fun day! Never thought I'd use my boat as an ice auger to open up a casting hole quite like that. I ended up finding a couple fish up shallow on the inside edge that day, but they wouldn't eat. Ended up finally finding some bait balls off the break too, but no bigger fish that wanted to show for me.

I'd think all that noise would spook them off, but I saw a couple guys fishing suckers boat two fish right by some other guys doing laps of their fishing hole.

yeah, we trolled by ya, as u were casting that edge, all kinds of bait off that edge, i really thought that ice would dissapear later that day, have seen it before, where at about noon, it magically disappears and you can start fishing,not that day, that was last Sat.

I'll be back in mid December and would be game for something along those lines!

Hey Shawn do they have Beer too LOL, weather permitting I'll be there, maybe we can all discuss the "Decoys" details too but I have a X-mas get together that day, but still may travel to talk Muskie and cold beer if I can "Go to the store" for a few hrs LOL.

I'm in - I promise not to try to pawn any crappy homemade lures off on anyone this yeear though.

Now now Erik, they're not that bad. I really should've thrown that thing more this year, I never gave it a fair chance. Maybe i'll paint it black and try it next year! smile

I have family commitments that day with the Holidays. Hope you all have fun and a cold one for me.

I'd love to head over there and tip a few back but its holiday commitment time.

I made it to the last one and begged and pleaded Hugobox for one of those sweet custom lures. grin

I'd love to head over there and tip a few back but its holiday commitment time.

I made it to the last one and begged and pleaded Hugobox for one of those sweet custom lures. grin

Think a kitty would eat one of those fugly things??

I think next year we may have to trade a trip - seeing all the pictures of the horses you cat guys haul in makes me want to see what its all about.

Bump for this Sunday, can't wait. I've got a few baits i'm bringing as well for sale/trade.

I'm gonna let Decoy's know on friday how many to expect, here's a rough list so far...

-hugobox

-yopaulpinkfloyd

-muskiefool

-50inchpig

-slowrollin?

-propster

-hunter

-croix

-special guest? wink

-mroyten

-Ngraf

-R-sandy

Is it june yet??

Sorry, won't be able to make it Sunday, have to stay in Cloud for a birthday party. See you on the water next year!

I think I can make it....

Being unfirmilliar with the cities, how do you get there from 694?

Count me in.. I ll be there for awhile.. I ll bring some lures n possible give em away for free if nobody interestin in trading.

Still have that white DC-10 for me matty? I should be there, unless I am out ice fishing. I'll grab those glasses too Jeff!

I think I can make it....

Being unfirmilliar with the cities, how do you get there from 694?

Take 35E north.

Exit on HWY 96, go east.

When you hit HWY 61, go north.

It'll be on your left side 3-4 stoplights up after on hwy 61.

Slow rollin', we'll do this again this winter/spring a few times, maybe next time!