• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cool Cats 2009

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will try to post an update Fri night on the travel conditions, a lot will depend on how much snow we get. We all know when they say 6-8, it could be 2-24 smile

I don't think 4x4 trucks will have any issues even with the new snow.

If you feel you want to bring something that would be great. But don't feel obligated.

I plan on picking up plates and plasticware along with oil for the fryers and I will also have my grill along. I'll also bring along some lawn bags for trash.

Sounds like icehousebob will be bringing some goodies as well as maybe a make do shelter.

I haven't looked at the forecast yet, but some sort of shelter would work nice to house the food and cooks. Hopefully we can get several cats to clean up and have a small fish fry as in years past.

I am hoping to be on the ice by 8 tomorrow. As for saturday, I will be out there real early. I will have my permanent that can be used as a wind break. dtro I'm gonna send you an e-mail w/ my phone #, I don't have access to internet up at the cabin. I can give reports from tomorrow.

The bite has been a bit on the tough side for me the past couple of times I’ve been up there. These cats are a funny bunch though, one day it’s completely dead, then next it’s lights out.

I can tell you this though, the fish are there and we will just need to find where the active ones are. That’s what is nice about these group outings, the searching is a little easier.

I’ll be looking for that email Chemist, thanks.

Originally Posted By: PDOGG
How's the bite been? The guy I am coming with need's to catch some fish to stay enetertained. If the cat's aren't biting we may end up miles away looking for perch????

Who's that?

Gas that Nils up...

LOL! It's ready!! Now if we can keep Nick from ditching out on us and going to Leech.......

My buddy and his dad were out there yesterday and did pretty well. I think they had 7 of them between 3 and 5 pounds. Lots of fish on the vex but very light biters he said. Also they were suspended from 10-15 feet off bottom in 30 feet of water. Lots of bait fish on the vex also. probably shiners. When they found the baitfish they found the cats. Can't make it Saturday but will probably be out there next week. Good luck and let me know how you guys do out there.

Well, I have been looking forward to this all winter!!!!!!! With the blizzard our first play off game will be Friday instead of Thurs.. Then if we win, they play on SAT!!!!! So still up in the air now.. If they play SAT, I wont be able to make it.

Salted shiners also work very well up on the chain, I even have a bag all ready to go...

Good to hear you had some action binsfeldnick.

I haven’t received any official report on the snow/ice conditions, but from what I can see St Cloud received 4.1” yesterday.

That shouldn’t create any issues and it looks like everything is good to go.

I think earlier on a guy or two volunteered on bringing a table or 2 (yourbobbersdown was one) I just wanted to see if that is still the case. Otherwise I will need to hunt a couple down.

Please post here or send me an email. Thanks!

yeah, it is a bit steep going back up. What makes it hard is that it's tough to see cross traffic so it's not very safe to get a "run for it".

If you have an issue getting out there, pass the word to someone heading out and I can provide a lift.