• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best $100 Binocs for Xmas

CodyDawg

Question

12 answers to this question

I have a pair of bushnells that were like 90 bucks. my buddy has nikon ones that were a bit more spendy. To tell ya the truth, i prefer mine over his, just the way i see through them, and the feild of view, and clearness are just as good as his. Not sure of the model they are but, they are 10 x 42 's

I have been using a pair of Burris Landmark 8x32 for the last couple of seasons, and really like the clarity and brightness. They were being given away "free" with the purchase of a Burris rifle scope - and I see lots of them for sale on E Bay.

During our trip out West last summer, the wife and kids were always battling for the Burris binocs when good stuff was spotted. We had several other pairs in the car, including some decent Minolta and Canon binocs, but the Burris were the clear favorite.

What's the general use of the binos gonna be?

For example, 12X probably doesn't make much sense if used primarily in the woods where you might be able to see 50 yds.

I have Pentax DCF 8x25 that are a nice compact bino. Not the best in very low light (no compact 25mm is), but plenty crisp and detailed otherwise, and a nice compact package to carry on ones person in the field.

I have had Bushnells in the past and thats why I said the past. I now have the nikkon actions. I had to get another pair since mine would always disappear when I dropped the wife off at her stand during deer season. I went to Cabela's and they had them on sale for 69.99. Great deal for a good optic. Not the best optic, but with around $100 your not going to get the best.