Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CodyDawg

Best $100 Binocs for Xmas

13 posts in this topic

My cousin's wife asked me to help her find him a pair of $100 binocs. I have found Alpen 390s for $105 but I know nothing about them. Anyone wanna chime in with their opinion? Thanks in advance.

Nikon Action Series are right in that range. I was given a pair and they seem to be decent bino's.

I have a pair of bushnells that were like 90 bucks. my buddy has nikon ones that were a bit more spendy. To tell ya the truth, i prefer mine over his, just the way i see through them, and the feild of view, and clearness are just as good as his. Not sure of the model they are but, they are 10 x 42 's

We bought a pair of Leupold Yosemites (8x30) for about a hundred on sale this summer. I am extremely happy with them.

Bausch&Lomb 12 X 25 bout $100.00 piece of junk! My Bushnell 8 X 21 for $9.99 are twice the optics!

I have been using a pair of Burris Landmark 8x32 for the last couple of seasons, and really like the clarity and brightness. They were being given away "free" with the purchase of a Burris rifle scope - and I see lots of them for sale on E Bay.

During our trip out West last summer, the wife and kids were always battling for the Burris binocs when good stuff was spotted. We had several other pairs in the car, including some decent Minolta and Canon binocs, but the Burris were the clear favorite.

good stuff guys. i took a lunchtime trip to gander and saw the nikon actions. they were out of the yosemites. Nobody knows anything about the alpens, eh?

What's the general use of the binos gonna be?

For example, 12X probably doesn't make much sense if used primarily in the woods where you might be able to see 50 yds.

I have Pentax DCF 8x25 that are a nice compact bino. Not the best in very low light (no compact 25mm is), but plenty crisp and detailed otherwise, and a nice compact package to carry on ones person in the field.

I have had Bushnells in the past and thats why I said the past. I now have the nikkon actions. I had to get another pair since mine would always disappear when I dropped the wife off at her stand during deer season. I went to Cabela's and they had them on sale for 69.99. Great deal for a good optic. Not the best optic, but with around $100 your not going to get the best.

I love my Nikon Action series binocs as well. They are on sale as well.

Just general all around hunting use. geese, deer, roodys, general tomfoolery, looking in the neighbors window, you know, that sort of stuff!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I have two decoy jig sticks that just slip in between the rods and 'canvas' on the roof.  A fish can pull some line off it hits hard.  A Velcro loop can be added for additional security.   There are more custom ways of doing it but that works for me.
    • I'll betcha the camera doesn't survive the summer.   And I clean my weeds off and the pull the plug too without grumbling.
    • I know...   It was a joke...   This is Sillytown (capital S)...     I did check to see if the article was legit though.
    • Hoont Robust Electronic Rodent Trap - Clean and Humane Extermination of Mice, Rats and Squirrels [UPGRADED VERSION] by Hoont 4.9 out of 5 stars 37 customer reviews   Want it Saturday, Dec. 10? Order within 2 hrs 18 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details Sold by Four Corners Dist. and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available. EASY TO USE– Simply plug in the device with the provided adapter or insert batteries, apply a small amount of bait, such as peanut butter, etc., then place the Hoont™ Electronic Rat Trap at the desired location and power it on. The Electronic Rat Trap will emit a 7000V shock when a rodent enters into the trap, instantly killing the rodent. New more powerful upgraded version. ADVANCED SMART DETECTION TECHNOLOGY – The Hoont™ Electronic Rat Trap is equipped with advanced rodent detection technology, which ensures that rats and all other rodents get instantly killed, without any possibility of escaping. Works for Mice, Rats, Squirrels, Chipmunks and other similar rodents. ULTRA HUMANE - The Hoont™ Electronic Rat Trap kills the rodents as quickly and humanely as possible. It works by emitting a 7000V electric shock, which instantly kills the rodent, with virtually no pain to the rodent. SAFE & NO MESS – Get rodent free without the use of dangerous poisons and chemicals / Discarding the rodent is a breeze with absolutely no mess. No blood and no touching of dead rodents; to discard the exterminated rodent, simply pick up the device, slide the dead rodent into the trash bin and place the trap back to its location ready for its next catch. / Dimensions: 11” x 4.5” x 5” PLUG-IN or BATTERIES - The Hoont™ Electronic Rat Trap comes with a 5 Ft. plug-in adapter for hassle free unlimited kills. Can also be operated with 4 ‘D’ batteries (batteries not included), allowing up to 30+ kills per set of batteries. / Features also an extension plugin- indicator light for hard-to-reach areas, that enables to check for trapped rodents without the need to check the actual device. / Upgraded parts for enhanced performance. There are cheaper options but I thought you guys would prefer the good one.... It will even catch dinner for reb.     I think that 110 isn't going to do it for rodents.   This baby has 7000 volts...  
    • If you install a ventless heater please list me as a beneficiary on your life insurance policy
    • This is silly town.  It was a joke, although on a stand alone basis the article was pretty interesting.   If it was an actual discussion item it would have been posted in one of the hunting forums. 
    • I oppose all that camera stuff, with auto ticketing.   How will the camera tell if there is water in my live well?  Or in my minnow bucket?  Will it focus on the plug as I drive into the parking lot?     I also oppose the red light cameras and speed cameras.  What's next?  Drones following us around? 
    • Must be a hell of a good camera and lens. And no, I follow the rules now as they are written. 
  • Our Sponsors