• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

gaming console or pc?

Swill

Gamers- Which do you prefer to play a console or pc? I have always though sports games played best on consoles, but when it comes to a real time strategy game or first person shooting game, nothing beats a high end pc.

The only issue I have with pc gaming is man you always need to upgrade your computer every few years to keep up with the latest stuff.

I am asking because Fallout 3 is out and I either need to buy a new console or upgrade my pc.

Well, PC's are going to have the best graphics and speed but to keep them up to date is costly. I don't do much stratagy playing, but the guys I know that do say you can't beet a PC. I still like the game consoles on my 42" TV.

Console for me, simply because of the constant upgrading needed for pc's

$900 has you a machine good for 3-4 years, so it isn't that expensive. It's all preference though. RTS PC is the way to go, it really can't be pulled off with a console. Other games are done pretty well on consoles. I have both, and each has it's strengths and weaknesses. Generally gaming on a PC requires a higher level of skill to be enjoyable than a console.

A 360 is $300, a Q6600 an 88000GT plus MoBo and the works will run you $700, really it's your call. If you go the PC route I recommend learning enough about it to make it a full entertainment platform, otherwise you'll never realize the true value of a good PC.