• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Water Softeners

Walleye Guy

Our water softener is 12 years old and has quit qorking. I have thrown it on bypass while I search for a replacement system. I will be installing this myself.

Does anybody have any brands that they recommend or brands to stay away from? I currently have a Kenmore.

Is there any installation nuances that I should be aware of? I have done a number of plumbing related things including installing water heaters and sweating pipes etc.

I recently installed a Water Boss in my home. So far I am very pleased with the unit. It wasn't too difficult to install and set up.

The price was very competetive as well.

Bob

I have a Kenmore that is 10 yrs old and still works great. I also know a few people who have installed the Water Boss softeners, and based on how they've worked for them I'll be replacing mine with a Water Boss when it goes out.

I have never had one before, but put a Water Boss in new construction. I didn't install it, but so far (only couple months...) it just does its thing with no probs or no fuss on my part. Our contractor recommended it highly. I picked it up on a great sale at Menards - I got the 900, FWIW.

edit - oh yeah, I forgot, we put the same model in my brothers house a couple years ago - two non plumber types, and it went real smoothly. We put the crossover valves in his, but I see they did not do that in mine. Pretty easy though.

Installed a water boss from Menards, 6 months ago. Really like it so far, no problems. Easy to install, I did not use their plastic fitting to the softner, I used copper with a union, guess I do not really trust plastic fittings. Just my opinion.

I work at the great MENARDS.. I put a waterboss in last year november.. wife loves it... works great.. I'm not a plumber, but with a couple fittings, and a torch, no leaks, and SOFT WATER>>>