• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Vexilar Battery?

CrappiesNeyes

Question

5 answers to this question

I'd get an absorbent glass mat (AGM)battery. This is the type of battery I use for my boat, vex and for lighting my icehouse. The advantage is they are not at risk of freezing or cold weather damage. They also hold their charge much better than a flooded battery, only self discharging 1-3% per month. They are slightly more expensive but worth it to me since I've had batteries damaged while ice fishing.

Joe

I think the proper term for the general type of battery used for these things is "VRLA" (valve regulated lead acid). Two basic types...gel cell and AGM. Most common is the gel cell, afaik.

I've ordered Panasonic brand in the past from DigiKey. They've been a bit more expensive but seemed to last pretty well. Dunno though, if they're worth the extra money or not in the long run.