• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One of These Things is Not Like the Other

Birdsong

Remember that old Sesame Street game?

3082495508_587a6ac5ff_o.jpg

3082495360_6749c00e4b_o.jpg

I am assuming this is a partial albino house finch. Unless he also has leucism. He has a normal eye coloring. I am beginning to think I bleached the feeders too liberally! smile Is anyone else seeing more oddities in their flocks this winter? And lest you think all my birds are a little strange, maybe it would be best not to mention the house sparrow without a tail.

Sure there wasn't a nuclear plant meltdown near where you live? grin Seriously, nice photo of the unusual colored house finch. No real abnormalities that I've noticed yet other than the huge mutant blue jays. Numbers are as high as we've ever seen however, over 30 goldfinches at a time with 5 - 10 siskins mixed in. No chickadees this year so far. frown

Numbers are as high as we've ever seen however, over 30 goldfinches at a time with 5 - 10 siskins mixed in. No chickadees this year so far. frown

Numbers are really high here also. I feel like I'm living in my own little refuge. They are eating me out of house and home. I seem to be down to one goldfinch at a time--lucky you, but they have always been a little fickle here. I am getting up to 18 pine siskins at one time though, and 49 house finches at last Cornell feeder count. I'm sure there are more. I would be happy to have a few of them move on. Can I send them your way? Only two chickadees this year, so I'm not willing to share. So far no red-breasted nuthatches this winter. frown I love those little guys. Not surprisingly, I get to see a number of sharp-shinned and one great horned.

Waiting to see the picture of the white spotted finch!

Birdsong, that second image is very nice. I've never seen anything like that. Great find.

I'm getting invaded by Mourning Doves. It started out with five in the ground feeder Wednesday and this mourning I had fourteen. Word must be getting out.

Mic