• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Missed one.

This was the first shot I took, on the way to the refuge.

I had set my Canon to raw + large jpeg, and the first night I proceeded to look at my photos on my laptop. I didn't have a raw converter on this laptop, but both copies of the photos showed up, as jpegs. They were identical files with the size also being equal. With my home PC, the raw files won't even show up as thumbnails until after they have been converted. So, since I wanted raws more than jpegs, I changed the camera to just raws for the last day. When I dumped them into my home PC, both the raws and jpegs showed up from the first files. Conclusion? The USB cable that came with the camera does not read raw files. I needed the card reader. I just thought that was interesting and good info to have.

3081663727_fee19b9c38_o.jpg

That is a really nice shot X. Did you install the drivers for your camera on your computer? If you hook the cable to the computer from your camera it will need drivers in order to be recognized.

Weird, do you have the latest version of your RAW converter? Is your software a bit older, some older programs are not supporting newer files.

My 50D RAW files are not recognized in CS2. Adobe won't update the older software, they want you buy CS4. mad

One more reason I like JPEG as a universal format and don't like RAW as a storage option. Virtually every program and computer knows what they are. RAW is problematic.

Come to think of it, I don't have the RAW converter installed on this laptop. Duh! It's an older laptop I just take with me when I'm on the road. I guess that would make the difference.

Yes it would smilesmilesmile

Weird, do you have the latest version of your RAW converter? Is your software a bit older, some older programs are not supporting newer files.

My 50D RAW files are not recognized in CS2. Adobe won't update the older software, they want you buy CS4. mad

One more reason I like JPEG as a universal format and don't like RAW as a storage option. Virtually every program and computer knows what they are. RAW is problematic.

PSE 5.0 was supposed to be the same for the D90, but I followed the instructions for the RAW converter update for 6.0 but installed it in 5.0 and now I have the RAW converter. Not Sure if the CS2 uses a drag and drop to move the new converter into the program or if it takes an install wizard, elements does not use the wizard. Might be worth a shot to look into it.

Doesn't work, Adobe came right out and said no support for older programs and they made sure it didn't. Its no big deal I just use DPP which supposedly works better with 50D files, save as a tiff or jpeg and import in CS2 for tweaking. Just can't use Adobe.