• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weird kill?

was sitting on the porch and my dog ran out into the crp kicked up a rooster as I watched him fly about 200yds then drop dead out of the air. He flew into the power lines down in the ditch. got on the 4wheeler and picked him up out of the ditch. Crazy to watch.

We had a poster on a drive who had never seen huns before. He heard us yell "huns" but thought we were saying "hens" so he didn't shoot. He was standing under the telephone wires and two of them flew straight into the wires and fell at his feet. Hans

Has anyone had a bird come back to life? 2 weeks ago in SD we had our limit of birds and stopped at the gas station on the way back to the hotel. I opened the tailgate on the truck and the thing stood up, jumped out of the truck, and started running around the parking lot. I'm guessing the locals had some fun telling their friends about the crazy Minnesotans chasing a ringneck around downtown.

I know for sure it had it's neck wrung, and there was no movement when we put him in the truck, but he didn't appear to have anything wrong besides a broken wing as we were trying to run him down.

Has anyone had a bird come back to life? 2 weeks ago in SD we had our limit of birds and stopped at the gas station on the way back to the hotel. I opened the tailgate on the truck and the thing stood up, jumped out of the truck, and started running around the parking lot. I'm guessing the locals had some fun telling their friends about the crazy Minnesotans chasing a ringneck around downtown.

I know for sure it had it's neck wrung, and there was no movement when we put him in the truck, but he didn't appear to have anything wrong besides a broken wing as we were trying to run him down.

We had this happen in ND a couple years ago. I could have sworn the things was dead but it apparently was not. Opened the back of the truck after driving to another location to find the bird moving around and get up if I remember correctly.

My dad was going to meet 2 other guys and go grouse hunting up north. On the way to the meeting spot, a grouse flew into the side of his pickup. Ha, he thought, I will show those guys! I will have a grouse before we even go hunting. He throws it on the floor of the truck and away he goes. About 15 miles later he sees something out of the corner of his eye and there is the grouse, sitting in the passenger seat just like if you would have trained it. They eyeballed each other for a second and then the grouse tried to fly....he said it was an interesting minute or two in that cab.

I shot a rooster while hunting with my three boys. I put the rooster in my 10 year old sons vest and continued to hunt down a ditch. My three boys where walking single file(no guns) down the creek bed and the 10 year old kept stopping and yelling at his bother to stop kicking him. This went on for a while, longer than peta would accept,and as you can guess ended when it was discovered my oldest wasn't being kicked by his bother but by the rooster.

I've since started ringing the necks of all birds just in case. Hans

A friend of mine walked a logging trail and, of course, finally found birds right next to the truck. He popped one and it fell, so he picked it up and put it in back of his Toyota and closed the topper. Next place he stopped, he opened the topper and that dang bird ran right up a shovel handle that was in the box and tried to fly out the window. He slammed the topper window just in time and broke the bird's neck.

One time I had one come back to life after I had put it in the freezer. I opened the freezer door and out it flew. Alright, you got me. That never happen.

I have had it happen in my vest, but never in the back of a truck. I will have to keep that in mind for future reference. I have had one duck come back to life in the bottom of the boat, but that is it.

I would have loved to see that rooster being chased around the gas station. Funny stuff.