Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LwnmwnMan2

Cordless phone hookup

9 posts in this topic

Here's the situation.

I've got a shop about 100' from my house.

I've got a satellite receiver in it, where I have to pay $5 per month because I don't have it hooked to a landline phone.

Is there a way to get this receiver hooked wirelessly to my house line, whether phone line or ethernet, so I can save the $5 per month?

Or do I have to bury a phone line from the house out there?

I have never heard of wireless phone jack but that is not to say that someone out there might not sell something like that. If you do bury a cable make sure to get weatherproof cable. It will be black and gel filled and you should be able to get it in one or two pair. I would get it in two pair just in case you need a spare wire some day.It would not hurt to put lightning protection on it but it is not required.

They exist. Most work by transmitting the signal down the electric line. Check out PHILIPS Wireless Phone Jack And Extension Unit in your favorite search engine

They claim it will work for satellite receivers and it looks like Lowes and Circuit City carry them and for the price they are a lot cheaper and a lot less labor.

Thats what I have for my direct tv it works great. Just remember you have to follow the directions to a t and you shouldn't have any problems. Bought mine on evil bay it was cheaper.

Pretty sure a good cordless would work that far, all you'd need is a second docking station just for charging purposes. I know I've been able to venture pretty far from my house without dropping a call. Have you ever tried a cordless out there?

I don't need the phone itself, but a way to run a phone LINE, literal, to a satellite receiver.

I think you can run wireless internet to it cant you? If you have wireless internet already, you should be able to just buy a wireless adaptor and plug it in to the DVR box. Wireless internet should go atleast 100 ft!