• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

favorite ice fishing photos!

icefishing21

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few pics from this year, I have been taking out my 2yr old son and he loves it.

This was after the first hole I drilled, he sits down and starts jigging.

DSC01970.jpg

He was able to catch a few crappies all by himself.

P1030550.jpg

"Look what I caught"

P1030553.jpg

The sunrise

DSC01774.jpg

Originally Posted By: grousehunter
pretty sure he was asking because of the power auger in the picture. Only hand augers are allowed inside the bwca.

Yup, the power auger in the BWCAW would be a big no no.

Depends on the lake. Some lakes in the BWCA allow motors and you can use power augers on those lakes.

I'm pretty sure that would only be parts of those lakes that are outside the bwca. the bwca is a wilderness area and no power augers..motorized things are allowed to be used.

I could be wrong though..but i know snowbank allows power augers only on the section of lake that is outside the bwca and would believe that would be the same for all lakes.

I'm pretty sure that would only be parts of those lakes that are outside the bwca. the bwca is a wilderness area and no power augers..motorized things are allowed to be used.

I could be wrong though..but i know snowbank allows power augers only on the section of lake that is outside the bwca and would believe that would be the same for all lakes.

Here is a quote from a BWCA HSOforum:

With the exception of a few lakes, motors are not allowed in the Boundary Waters. This applies to all motorized equipment: boat motors, electric trolling motors, chainsaws, power augers, generators, pumps, snowmobiles, ATV's, remote control boats and planes, etc. You cannot have them in your possession, whether in use or not.

It goes on to list the lakes.

Clearwater

North Fowl

South Fowl

Seagull (no motors generally west of Three Mile Island)

Sections of Island River within the BWCAWBasswood (except that portion north of Jackfish Bay and Washington Island)

Saganaga (except that portion west of American Point).

Fall

Newton

Moose

Newfound

Sucker

Snowbank

East Bearskin

South Farm

Trout

Little Vermilion

Loon

Lac La Croix (not beyond the south end of Snow Bay in the U.S.A.)

Loon River.