• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New member from Zimmerman here---

mn_archer

Hi there everyone, just wanted to introduce myself to my fellow Gator Jabbers-

We are fairly new to the Zimmerman area and live just nw of town on 277th. On the weekends we are usually at my parents cabin up in outing, north of crosby, which is where I grew up. I am 35 as of yesterday and hunt and fish more than anyone I know! lol

I see there is at least one other Zimmermanite here- Hello-

I tried out Sandy lake tonight with no luck. Didn't see a thing but was only spearing from 2-4. Caught a 3 lb bass on a tip-up, but that was the only action i had. There was a max of 4 inches of ice and it was cracking like mad. That and with the fact that the sun was out and there is no snow I think is a problem right now.

Does anyone know how they are doing on little elk? I tried it once last winter but it is seriously murky!

Well, sure we'll be chatting as I love these forums!

michael

I forgot to mention that tonight was my first trip out with my new spear. It is actually not new, just new to me. My favorite uncle made it back in the 40's and it has been hanging in my cousins garage since he died in 1985. for many years I have been working him over for this spear and last year on the last day of spearing season he surprised me with it.

I'll get a pic of it here eventually-

Anyone else using antique hand-me-downs? lol

michael

hey mn acher I'm on 287th ave just off the little elk and I have gotten a few this year and yea this lake is murky its a lake that you need to spear first ice until the first of the year then its ussally to dirty to see althou I have stabbed a few later than the first.

welcome aboard. and to the addiction of spearing hope to see ya out on the ice.

I also use a spear that my dad made fifty years ago and I love it

Elwood,

I might give it a try tomorrow evening. I have the crappy blue portable if you see one out there. It serves the purpose, but is on the chopping block-

First ice? Heck, there is still open water! lol

michael

Thanks guys,

I've seen you on there Cherokee, I'll have to watch myself around you know! lol

Trav, we are talking about bowsite.commm, it is a bowhunting community similar to this, with some seriously diehard liberals on the community forum that constantly need to be kept out of trouble! Which is my full-time job! lol

Work is getting in the way of spearing this afternoon! [PoorWordUsage]!

Michael

I hear you on the work getting in the way. Made plans for this weekend but it seems we will be working Saturday. Better this than no business.

I agree with you on the lib thing. I just let you take care of them as you do a great job.

Dale