• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spud bar

nmitchell17

Look around and you can find decent ones for 20. I feel safe if 3 hard chips and no water...chisels are good for early ice and cheching ice but thats about it. Even after a few holes on 4" it gets old and gets your sore the next day. I only use mine until 5" of ice then it gets put away for the year

+1 for the Jiffy Bar, it works wonders, I just bought one this year and I can confidently say that I will be using it until the ice is 6"+ I don't need to drag my gas auger out on early ice (don't own a hand auger, prolly never will!) And the spud bar is an awsome tool for checking the ice thikness in a hurry.

Josh