• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Now snow can be a PROBLEM

Dahitman44

Hey fellas --

I am going to put my perm. house on a lake that was 8 inches of GREAT clear ice but NO SNOW.

It is about 1,000 pounds and I have no fear about that amount of ice.

BUT THERE IS NO SNOW !!!!!

That is usually a good thing but I can't bank it up.. I guess I can leave it flush on the ice when I am fishing just to keep the wind out but what about when I leave? I was planning on putting it on blocks over night, but will it blow away without any snow holding it down?

The ice is as smooth as a skating rink.

Any thoughts?

What does a guy do without snow -- bankets along the sides?

thoughts?

Love the great ice but -- we need some snow too.

When my Dad was still with us he had a fairly light aluminum spear house he put out on 10 mile...he used to drill a hole on outside of two corners and put helix earth anchors in the hole and let them freeze in and then tied the house to them. Of course that is just one more thing to chop out when it comes time to move.

And yep he put blankets on the ice

I was fortunate enough that I did put mine right down on the ice but was able to get enough buckets from along shore to bank it a bit... hopefully it will snow the next couple of days a bit anyway

1000 lb fish shouldnt blow away.if the wind cant blow your 4 wheeler around it wont blow your perm around.its always a good idea to block up a perm anyway other wise it could freeze down then you have a problem.just my 2 cents worth

Do you have enough room in the holes in your fish house floor to fit a 5 gallon bucket?

This is what I used to do in a permanent I used to have on Mille Lacs when there was no snow for banking-

-Take 5 gallon buckets and cut the bottoms out.

-Take a 2 foot by 2 foot piece of carpet and cut out a hole the size of the 5 gallon bucket.

-Slide the bucket thru the carpet piece.

-place bucket in fishhouse hole down to the ice and adjust the carpet to match the floor level to seal out the outside wind.

Keeps the holes from freezing and keeps the wind and cold out pretty well. When done they stack together nicely and store under the bed. Cheap and easy.