Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lenny7

Dogtra 2300NCP - Opinions?

7 posts in this topic

I just bought a Dogtra 2300NCP e-collar online formy lab and only afterwards did I think to look here for feedback. I searched the forum and found only a few references to it. For those of you that have this model, how do you like it? What I'm interested in is the build quality, reliability, how long the rechargeable battery lasts, time to recharge, and the overall ease of use.

I just bought a Dogtra 2300NCP e-collar online formy lab and only afterwards did I think to look here for feedback. I searched the forum and found only a few references to it. For those of you that have one, how do you like it? What I'm interested in is the build quality, reliability, how long the rechargeable battery lasts, time to recharge, and the overall ease of use.

You bought a good unit and should have no worries. Hard to go wrong with Dogtra or Tritronics. Your recharge time will be listed in the manual. I have a 1702NCP and it has been great.

I own the same unit as 311Hemi. Awesome unit; durability, controls, battery etc. I have had Tritronics before and while they are good they don't stack up to a Dogtra in my opinion.

You made a good purchase.

I have the 2300. Great unit! I have had it for about a year now and had to replace the collar battery just recently. Overall, the quality it very good. Works great!

I have the dogtra 2000 T&B and dogtra 2502 T&B, nothing but great things to say here. These collars see the field and the water and have never let me down.

I've never used a Tritronics to compare it with, but do own a Dogtra collar. It's never failed me yet - through lots of junk - abuse, etc. I think you will like you collar!

I bought my 2300 just over a year ago and it seems like a well made unit. I've noticed one problem with mine and maybe it's normal but on the rare ocassion that I have to shock or just warn my dog the number of bars on the screen will go from 4 to one or two (battery strength) and the light goes from green to red and it stays that way until I shut it off and turn it back on. Then it will show 4 bars again. I have it set at 40 out of 127. Even with it down to one or two bars, it still seems to work. Although I wonder if the range is reduced. I should probably test that.

I hardly used it last year because she was just a pup and so I never noticed it until this season. I did email Dogtra about it 2 - 3 weeks ago and haven't gotten a response yet. I guess I'll have to call them.

Anyone else noticed this with there Dogtras?

Nels