• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Intrested in a GPS but what one?

smeese

I own a GPS for my car but have never used one fishing. What would be a good choice that wouls allow me to keep track of some good spots and maybe have some lake maps programmed in. I do not want to spend a ton of money but don't want to go by cheap either. I did try reading through some other threads and could not come up with any clear ideas. Thanks for your suggestions. They are much appreciated.

I don't own one personally....but a H20 C seems to be the ticket for most of my fishing buddies for year round use. You'll love it. You can find good deals if you look around on hsolist or other online retailers...good luck.

It’s not too often an occasion that everyone here can agree on a product, but the H2O has been a mainstay for quite a few years and the vast majority agree that it’s a great unit.

There are a couple of issues however that people tend to score it negative on:

1. Viewing in the sunlight, with the Color unit, you need the backlight which sucks the battery down quick

2. The DC power cord likes to quit working

Other than that, the H20/w chip (Either Lakemaster or Navionics) is a tough combination to beat.

Because of the popularity, it’s also easy to find accessories and mounts.

I too, own the H2O colour unit with chips.

Has been a good unit, very dependable!!

Regarding the power cord issues, did you check the fuse inside the plug?

Or is it the connection end that is wearing out?

Those 2 pins look fairly durable.

i was gonna order one through dave...only thing that sucks is the lake i spend most of my time fishing isn't on the chips that i can see.

I thought that also, until I just bought the chip. Their are many, many lakes besides what is on the list. Navionics Premium has over 10,000 lakes on it. Just cause it is not on the list, does not mean the chip does not cover it.

Originally Posted By: FISHINGURU
i was gonna order one through dave...only thing that sucks is the lake i spend most of my time fishing isn't on the chips that i can see.

I thought that also, until I just bought the chip. Their are many, many lakes besides what is on the list. Navionics Premium has over 10,000 lakes on it. Just cause it is not on the list, does not mean the chip does not cover it.

is there any lake lists for the navionics premium? i can only find a lake list for the lakemaster chip...they are different right? is lake byllesby on any of the chips anyone has? how bout pepin?