• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How close is to close?

stumper

Oh i thought that was in MN. Well that doesn't mean you can't have some fun though. I would have a hard time not being a real pest until he moves. Not only is it rude and annoying, I think it is dangerous. Say he leaves the house to go to town and leaves the heater going and his shanty catches on fire. Guaranteed that yours would burn down too. Thats why that is a law in MN.

I have watched probably 10 fish houses burn down. (for some reason like 8 of them were on rainy lake). They usually were by themseves but once it happened with someone being about 20 feet away, their house caught fire and burned down too. Luckily nobody was hurt, but fish houses aren't cheap and most aren't insured so it was a total loss for the other guy. The big tanks that most people have for fuel can be a real problem too.

That is why I am always the one out by myself. I don't want someone else's dumb mistake taking me or my stuff with them. If someone gets that close I can be really rude and if they don't go away then I go somewhere else.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see this thread is headed down a bad path but try to be considerate of others out there!You might be on here chating as friends one minute and then not so friendly the next! WHAT GIVES?

I've had people drill next to my shack also probably trying to get out of the wind,thought I was on a hot spot ect.I don't think they meant any harm and I wasn't there. But 6" of snow and winds the shack had a three foot drift around it.With all the weight of the snow I now came out to 6" of water on the inside of my shack!12" out side!How would any of you feel? What is safe or reasoneable distance on public water I don't know, But help me move my shack when you made the mistake PLEASE!

I am fishing a spot that I had all to myself until 2 days ago when a perm. pulled out by me and decided to park it about 40 yards away. Well wasn't very happy but atleast he did't get to close. Was out last night and had to laugh but was glad that it wasn't me. there was a truck parked right next to the perm. and the guy had drilled about 6 holes. I figured that the guy had to atleast know the guy who owned the perm. About primetime he came over to ask all the ?'s that they all do. ie how deep, any luck, and so on. I asked if he knew the guy that had to perm. that he had been fishing on top of and he said na I just drove out on the vehicle tracks and figured I would try it here. Wonder what that other guy would have said if he would have came out fishing. He was very close if not closer than 10 feet. I just can't believe it how can people do that and not feel dumb. I guess they just don't understand that it isn't right. I like to be as far away as I can even 50 yards gets me if I am in a spot all alone.

imagine if this question was asked 10, 20, 30, years ago. what would most of your father, your grandfather, and his father do. This is a question of peoples morals. Just because you can fish ten feet from someone should you? just because legally you can hunt someone elses stand in public land should you? ETC. It comes down to what kind of person you are not what the law is.

It goes the both ways, If one or cries about fishing to close to my perminant, while not even fishing in it, or whine about the guy setting up next to you without talking to him, freindly ofcourse, what does that say about the guy whining.

We all like our space but what good does it do to cry about it on a forum. Handle it out on the ice in a freindly manner. Like it has been said before one may gain a new freind or at least a good conversation. Its better than sticking ones head in there shell and letting it get to you.