• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How close is to close?

stumper

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Northlander
NEVER set your catch outside your house! If you dont want company thats the worst thing to do. I carry a 5 gallon pail and put some snow in it and put my fish in there.

If anyone askes fishing is always SLOW. grin

Exactly! I got a buddy who throws his fish on the ice and I can't stand it, especially when he's fishing one of my spots! When people see fish on the ice they key right in on ya, so use a pail and hide the fish!

funny thing my buddy has a dog and he lives on a farm right next to the lake and hes never been chained up a day in his life, so he follows us to the lake and runs the lake when we are there. He started snooping around other house on the lake, and would pick up their fish and bring it back to our house and drop it off and run back and grab another, i guess its just one more thing that goes to show u dont throw them on the ice

Dead serious. He came over the next day and apoligized for being "so close" .He said he needed to get out of the wind,lol.I restrained my tounge because I have to deal with him the rest of the season and dont want my shack getting messed with. He said he will move it in a couple days. I did manage to wrap up his lines a couple times to get my point across.lol

I would get my buddy with the subwoofers in the car to come out and let the thing play all night. Then call the CO because that is not quite ten feet. You could always play games too. Maybe shovel some snow out and slide random objects into his holes (c4, a few cats, a link of sausages, roman candles, ect.) There is always the fun of hooking stuff onto his lines too. You can get hand grenades (they have had the fun stuff removed) from Ax-Man and hook them onto his lines and see what he says when it is pulled up. The first time my buddies did that to me I about died.

I would get my buddy with the subwoofers in the car to come out and let the thing play all night. Then call the CO because that is not quite ten feet. You could always play games too. Maybe shovel some snow out and slide random objects into his holes (c4, a few cats, a link of sausages, roman candles, ect.) There is always the fun of hooking stuff onto his lines too. You can get hand grenades (they have had the fun stuff removed) from Ax-Man and hook them onto his lines and see what he says when it is pulled up. The first time my buddies did that to me I about died.

Unfortunatly the 10 ft rule dont apply here. Im in SD.

There sure are alot of people who feel entitled to "their" spot on the ice. If the law says 10 feet, then 10 feet it is.

They have as much right to fish there as you do. Stop being so selfish.

I hope your not talking to me.

That's just rediculus! Keep out of the wind? He has a house! He bought it to "keep out of the wind!"

I've set up my wheeled house in the middle of nowhere, no snow and high winds. A little ingenuity kept me nice and toasty with no wind issues! What he did takes some real....

Originally Posted By: 2springers
There sure are alot of people who feel entitled to "their" spot on the ice. If the law says 10 feet, then 10 feet it is.

They have as much right to fish there as you do. Stop being so selfish.

I hope your not talking to me.

Im talking to any and everyone who thinks they are entitled to a spot, because they were there first. As long as the legal distance is maintained you have no right to complain.

From what I have seen its the guys that dont have a clue how or where to catch fish that hump your leg. I dont have a problem with neighbors as long as they leave me enough room to leave.

Call it what you want. When I fish I normally know right where I want to go. If you happen to be close to that oh well.