• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter Air

Finally got around to putting the winter air in my tires. How about everyone else.

smile

Ok just kidding, but it's a good time to check your tire pressure as you'll find you probably lost a couple of pounds due to the colder weather.

I totally forgot to do the winter air post!

Its not uncommon for pressures to drop 10+ PSI as we go from the warm 80 degree days of summer to below freezing. Aluminum wheels seem to be especially prone to low pressure bead leaks not to mention the amount of corrosion that forms in the bead area of the wheel which can cause or contribute to the bead leak as well.

My TPMS light usually turn on as soon as we get to around 40 degrees. Once we stay below freezing I'll top them off again. Once it gets back into the 40 - 50's you'll need to let out the extra winter air and possible again as temps go above the 70 range.