Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moe Szyslak

Building a fish house, need suggestions.

4 posts in this topic

8X12 house

Im doing this house cheap with free materials. I have 2X6s that I am ripping for wall studs, so 2X2 3/4. How wide should I place my wall studs? 16OC, 24OC?

Also, the floor will be comprised of 2X6, is 16OC spacing overkill?

THanks.

When we made one walls were 24OC and kept the floor at 16OC. I would not worry too much about overkill. The only issue we ever have is pulling it on and off on skids, and transporting it.

Moe-

I have helped build two different perm's and we did one 16 and one 24, the first one was 24. The problem we ran into was there was nothing to secure things to the wall with, Making shelfs, bunks, window frames, haning hooks ect. So after that we said [PoorWordUsage] with that and went to the 16.

Shawn

How thick is the flooring material going to be? Unless you are putting some really thick stuff on the floor I would go 16".

Going 16" on the walls will result in 10 extra studs over going with 24". So, grab a stack of 5 2X6 studs and see if you think that amount of weight would really make a difference.

I would go 16" all around.