• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ate something he shouldnt have

Blainebob

My 1 year old ab loves eating sticks,and he recently ate some branch thing for the christmas tree,it has (had) a bunch of little plastic berries on it,woke up a week agoo to find 9 pink puke spots on the white carpet in my dining room. He has thrown up quite a bit of them, but still isnt eating normally,just a few liver treats. I read you ca give them a teaspoon of peroxide?

peroxide will do nothing if it no longer is in the stomach. It is used to induce immediate vomitting...

A trip to the vet is in order... will probably need x-rays to see if there is blockage.

Good Luck!

Ken

Talked to my vet today,they said to give him rice and hamburger because his stomach is probably upset still. Mixed som rice n with his food and he is eating now< vet said to bring him in if he doesnt eat normally within a day or two< seems much better since he ate> Thanks

I know plenty of fox, coyotes and ferel cats that ate pheasant wings w/o a trip to the vet...! He should be fine... all edible. one of my young pups years ago ate a whole pheasant in more or less one fell swoop... guts and all... she had gas and the runs later in the day, but was no worse for the wear.

Good Luck!

Ken