• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aqua View Camera for Spearing????

Meat-Run

Has anybody tried using the Aqua View camera in there spear hole for spearing? I think it would give you a great upper hand on whats coming in and the camera itself looks like a sunfish etc.???

I know you take the risk of the pike cutting the cable and such but I think it would be kind of neat anybody tried it yet?

mr

Was wondering the same thing, I have had pike almost swallow the camera before when i rotated it with the mopod, the only thing is you run the risk of hitting the camera or the cord with the spear. It might be better to drill a hole near your spear hole near by then aim it to view the spear area. Then you run the risk of the fish decoying in on the camera intstead of you decoys but i think the sunfish would bring them in for a peek then a lively chub or big shiner would bring them in the spear hole to seal the deal, plus youd have a heads up that you have a fish in the area, plus you could record your spearing sessions it would be neat.

i have done it a few times but dont care for it. another something that gets in the way when you spear a nord. i use it mostly for setting up to check out weed situation. once on lake koronis was kinda neat though, had the camera down and watched this good sized pike at an angle watch all the perch swimming on the bottom. from my experience fish always come in from angle camera IS NOT facing.

I was going to post the same question today.

my bro inlaw has used one to see whats coming from behind him he said that it does work but he also said that now its just another thing in the hole to mess with.

this morning I thought that if you would cut a hole outside the house and drop in the camera facing behind were you sit you could be ready.

also thuoght of useing the fake weeds on a string ont the outside of the fishouse. Last year I put these down (was fishing for pannies)and then put the camera down to check it out and there was already a pike in them waiting to ambush something just a thought.

I have a aqua view scout its built on a blue skinny base that you can wrap cord around and has a dinky battery inside of it, well that batterys shot and I want to use a normal size vex battery and would need to re-design a whole new base any ideas or has anyone done this? I speared a 5 pound pike yesterday, he fell victim to a gold rattle trap just inches from bottom. Speared it at 2:30pm and then nothing at all till dark.

I have used the camera in the past to look for weed beds, weed lines, or drop offs. The camera works great for checking out the bottom before you go to all the work of cutting the hole and setting up the house. Especially on lakes you are not to familiar with. Haven't had much luck viewing the fish coming in, they always seem to come from a different direction anyway. I will be heading out this next wednesday for the first time... Wish me luck!!