• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fargo Panoramic

Here is a shot I was working on for Dec competion at our photo club. Assinged category was city skyline. I took this shot from the roof of a 19 story building this summer while putting in a satellite dish on the roof. Thought I would post it since I have been a little dry lately. A big time computer crash doesn't help things any. still trying to get everyting back in order. mad

Anyway Handheld, Canon xti, 17-85 IS USM, from 200+ feet up in the air.

106651215.jpg

Paul,

Your photo makes me think back to when me and my family lived in the F-M area back in the mid 90s,I have been up to visit many times since, but not in the last few years.I can remember some really fun times there,like when in Jan of 96 we had a blizzard that put down 18"-20" of snow with night time temps dipping down to near 40 below a few days later,need to get back up that way.

Nice job Paul. I believe that is the old Ford building centered in the photo. The windows that were installed during the restoration are from the window company I work for. It was a huge project for us. I always wanted to see a photo of that building after the restoration. A lot of our employees put a lot of time and effort into building those windows to the rather unusual specs that this project called for. This is the first I have seen the finished project. Thanks for sharing. If you have any closer photos of that building, I'd love to see them.

WCS, you are correct, That is the old Ford Building redone a few years back by Sterling Development and MBA architects. know the building well. There are 10 upper end condos on the top 2 floors in which I have clients in. I have a few photos from the inside, but since it is only a mile away from me, I will gladly sneak over and get some more photos for you.

And Frank Boling in Oklahoma, I used to live in Oklahoma and now I am in Fargo/Moorhead. You used to live in Fargo and now are in Oklahoma. that is funny. I was born in Tulsa and raised in Broken Arrow and Spavinaw on the NE side of the state near Eucha, Jay, Grove etc.

Iteresting! Even a Canuck like me can recognise a landmark or two in this scene. About a year ago I visited F/M as I was scheduled to conduct an ice fishing seminar at the Gander Mtn. over there in West Fargo. I had some spare time on my hands so I decided to simply take a self-guided tour up and down the very streets that are depicted in this piece. The one building that I can instantly relate to is that clock tower, the old water tower also jogs my memory too.

Thanks for sharing!

Paul,

Wow that is funny,and just goes to show it is a small world after all,in-fact I was born in Tulsa also and was raised in Tulsa and Broken Arrow,right now I'M living between Broken Arrow and Catoosa.The two years or so we lived in Fargo really did some wild things to my daughter's accent, she had and still does to an extent an Okie mix with ND and MN,really sounds kinda funny at times when she talks,LOL.

Thanks Frank, Glad you enjoyed the shots. I am hoping to make a trip to Tulsa this spring to get some shots of this big park there that always blooms nice pink things in the first part of april, so you may see some of that area on there soon also.