Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Almquist

JayinMn have you seen ?

14 posts in this topic

Jay look what MARINERMAGNUM has for sale and only $450. I just have to rib you a little bit especially after using Steve's on Monday. That is a great price considering 3 years ago it was $1100.

I agree. Snap it up, Jay. Then you can buy a battery grip from Canoga Camera and you'll have the same setup you were using Monday for less than the $650 that I'd estimated.

Now we are going to have to get you a couple of Sterlingtek batteries and you will be set grin

Yeah, Jim, after I sneakily loaned him my 30D/battery grip Monday and watched his eyes get big as saucers at the burst rate and other performance upgrades over his XT, I gave him the Canoga and SterlingTek info, as well as the POTN site with its very active Canon classifieds board.

At that point it was all over but the decision on where to buy, and I think MM just made that a very easy one.

Sorry Jay, you know I'm just ribbin ya, man. winkwinkwink

It sure is fun spending other people's money grin

We almost forgot about the monopod with a Manfrotto head and next it will be a good bag or case.

We covered the monopod already, Jim. Monopod + 100-400L IS = deadly weapon. We never talked about camera bags/backpacks. Next time! winkwink

I sure wish Canon and Manfrotto would give me a commission or something. gringringrin

Poor Jay, here we are making him sound like a little boy who needs coaching instead of the good photographer and excellent woodsman that he is. Sorry buddy. We're even better at ribbing than we are spending your money for you. smilesmile

Speaking of that, we gotta get jmalm set up with a battery grip and Manfrotto monopod. C'mon Jim! gringrin

Quote:
It sure is fun spending other people's money grin

You think that's bad, you should see what stfcatfish is pushing me to buy! grin

Ken, there are 500 good reasons for giving you just a few millimeters of pressure now and then. The devil makes me do it! gringrin

So now Ken needs to get a 500mm. Some how I think that might be so Steve can look through it every now and then wink

So now Ken needs to get a 500mm. Some how I think that might be so Steve can look through it every now and then wink

I'm so busted! winkwink

I didn't realize that was a monopod you were using. Here I thought that was your walking stick....grin

I suppose I better start working a little so I afford all the money being spent for me. How about early Christmas presents?

I took a few hours off tonight so I could go see that owl again. He showed up same place and same time just like clock work. I have to head to work so maybe I'll post some pictures later tonight.

You mean paying the bills takes precedence over photography? What are you thinking? gringrin

And hey, sturdy monopods make great walking sticks. Not to mention tools for self-defense against a certain sub-set of irate birders who think all avian photographers are children of satan. gringrin

Quote:
Not to mention tools for self-defense against a certain sub-set of irate birders who think all avian photographers are children of satan. grin grin

Who in the heck would even believe that the birds were out there unless we took pics just for proof wink