• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

JayinMn have you seen ?

Yeah, Jim, after I sneakily loaned him my 30D/battery grip Monday and watched his eyes get big as saucers at the burst rate and other performance upgrades over his XT, I gave him the Canoga and SterlingTek info, as well as the POTN site with its very active Canon classifieds board.

At that point it was all over but the decision on where to buy, and I think MM just made that a very easy one.

Sorry Jay, you know I'm just ribbin ya, man. winkwinkwink

We covered the monopod already, Jim. Monopod + 100-400L IS = deadly weapon. We never talked about camera bags/backpacks. Next time! winkwink

I sure wish Canon and Manfrotto would give me a commission or something. gringringrin

Poor Jay, here we are making him sound like a little boy who needs coaching instead of the good photographer and excellent woodsman that he is. Sorry buddy. We're even better at ribbing than we are spending your money for you. smilesmile

Speaking of that, we gotta get jmalm set up with a battery grip and Manfrotto monopod. C'mon Jim! gringrin

I didn't realize that was a monopod you were using. Here I thought that was your walking stick....grin

I suppose I better start working a little so I afford all the money being spent for me. How about early Christmas presents?

I took a few hours off tonight so I could go see that owl again. He showed up same place and same time just like clock work. I have to head to work so maybe I'll post some pictures later tonight.

You mean paying the bills takes precedence over photography? What are you thinking? gringrin

And hey, sturdy monopods make great walking sticks. Not to mention tools for self-defense against a certain sub-set of irate birders who think all avian photographers are children of satan. gringrin

Quote:
Not to mention tools for self-defense against a certain sub-set of irate birders who think all avian photographers are children of satan. grin grin

Who in the heck would even believe that the birds were out there unless we took pics just for proof wink