Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Magellan GPS opinions?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all.

Decided to take the plunge into the world of GPS... Initially bought an Etrex Legeng, but i hated the dinky little screen. Now, I think I have it narrowed down to a Magellan Sportrak, or a Mgellan Meridian. ANyone have any experiences, good or bad, with these?

Garmin 76map- good.
Magellan Sportrak and Meridian- good.

Between my brother and I we've owned all three of these models and I have no serious complaints with either. Product support is decent with both. I'd have no problem buying any of these three products.
Scoot

The Magellan GPS's are good ones as are the Garmins. The Meridian GPS are good mapping units with lots of information for each. There is the standard Meridian and the Meridian Gold. Each has it own unique features. Also the Sportrak is a neat unit but be careful there are 3 different sportrak models. 2 do mapping and 1 does not. So watch out for that. I also dislike the Etrex for these reasons. Small screen, Buttons on the sides of the unit. I would assume by the models you listed that you are looking for a mapping GPS? Well hope this helps.

Happy Fishing smile.gif