• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

can am 500

jvjohnson

im looking at buying a 2007 outlander 500. this will be my first atv it will be used for ice fishing hunting and some trail riding. and what about the visco lock does it engage fast? does it work good on ice? what are some of your opinions.

thanks

I have an 07 Outlander 500 XT and love the power, ride, ergonomics, and features of the machine. The visco lock is kinda a love/hate relationship...I wasn't a big fan at first but I've gotten used to it. The only time I don't like it is when I'm hill climbing and it kicks in unexpectedly. I don't plan on ever getting rid of the machine, and will probably keep it for the gf/wife to drive.

their asking 5500 for it and its brand new does that about right for a base model?

It sounds like a good price to me. A little more power than a SP500 for a few hundred more. Let us know when you pick it up and be sure to post some pics.

They have a 2007 hold over? Or is it used?

sometimes dealers just can't move inventory while others can. I would definitely make sure they give the "extra once-over" to ensure there is enough lubrication in the cylinders and the top end prior to putting too much time on it.

its a brand new machine. and yes the sales person said that it might take a little time when i finaly buy it because they have to change all the fluids and make sure every thing is in working condition.