• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need a mood lifter

jiggin pig

Ok to make this short and sweet. My wife is pregnant and I will not be able to make any trips up north this year, or get out in this area. I am wondering if anybody would be willing to post some good ole pictures or videos of ice fishing this year. I just need to see something. I stopped down at the docks at Baypoint and watched for a little bit, but then I got the telephone call to return home. Don't get me wrong I am excited for the new package, I just want to get out and fish to. Thanks

Hey jiggin pig

I'm going to try to take a bunch of videos this winter.

Keep an eye on my YouTube account. DTroFishOn (just type that in the search bar on the You Tube home page)

Good Luck with the little one!

When is your wife due? We have a three year old and, though we adopted and didn't go through pregnancy, I still had to do some convincing to get out when she was little and even now. Anyway, I would try to get out now and then for sure. It's healthy to get away even if only for a couple or few hours. You will each need some time away when the midget arrives. It might take some convincing from the wife, but I would talk to her nice and maybe buy a present for her.

That being said, if she won't go for it, don't take it too hard. When you hold the drunken midget for the first time ice will be the last thing on your mind. The little ankle biters are the best thing you will ever have in your life (until grandchildren I'm told). There is ice for years to come and you will have a new fishing partner for life. Good luck to you, I will post pics as I have them. But if you need to get out around the metro or up in bayport, let me know and I'll try to get you out for a bit.

we had our third last december. I didn't do much of anything last winter, and I was okay with that. What I used to do was put the 2nd oldest to bed when he was 1-4 yrs old at about 8pm on friday and saturday nights, and then I would head out to the lake and fish until about 1 am. My wife knew I was gonna be up until that late anyway, so I might as well be fishing. It is still not a full weekend with the guys, but I still get to do that once a season as well.

Congrats on the newest addition to your family. You do realize that you will never be #2 on the totem pole again right?

i assume your wife doesnt like icefishing much? my wife was pregnant last winter and i took her with me. although she loves it. my little girl was born march 7 and we fished up to mid feb. i wasnt for it at first cuz of "what if" situations....what if she slips kinda thing...so made sure she got from truck to portable seat good. all she had to do was hold pole and reel. even had one trip to red lake end of january. granted, its not the same as the weekend with the guys, but still getting on the ice

Congrats! Im in the same boat. But I was able to sweet talk my wife this last weekend and went out all day Saturday. So I like to see the vids and pics also. Do some searching on youtube for ice fishing. Its more of a tease than anything sometimes.

Jig n pig Congrats, just sweet talk the wife, and im sure you can meet up with a fellow FMer to get on the lake for a little bit, I was lucky enought to have Hovermn aka Dave there for me and Im sure you can find someone near by, here is a little something to look forward to when your kid gets old enought

Shawn

My cute kid story...

Yeah, I just got back to the computer today. Yep more honey to do lists, which are ok. A buddy called me on Tuesday morning and said he was on about 5 inches of ice and fishing at that time. I rolled over in bed and looked at the wife, the first thing out of her mouth is, your not going fishing. I began to laugh, because she knew instantly.

She like to go fishing and I would be more than happy to take her, but she is on modified bed rest. I will be getting out around here after all the honey to do lists are done. Dtro thanks for the heads up. I found a few videos on the net that I watched that cured the bug for ohh about an hour.

I think I'm going to put the kiddie pool out in the back yard, let if freeze over and fish on that for the winter. I can't wait for the little package to arrive, but all this excitement is killing me. I need to go and relax (on the ice). thanks again guys