• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Sausage Processor near the Cities?

I have some of mine in at Von Hanson's right now. My family loves the hot sticks and farmer style sausage. I'm not real crazy about their venison brats and have some scraps left.

Can anyone give me some suggestions for another processor on some good smoked venison brats?

Tell Von Hanson's what you want them to make and they will do it for you. I have them make cheddar brats, jalapeño brats and just good old brats (double the spices). I also drop things off in different locations throughout the state. One of the benefits of having family and friend everywhere, you get to try a lot of different stuff and pick the best for yourself.

I haven't found any of the regular Von Hanson's brat recipes that I like yet so I don't know what to tell them. I like the Farmer Style and the sticks though!

I'm looking at trying Kramarczuk's in Minneapolis or Jordan's Meats in Woodbury for some brats. Besides I usually like to go to different meat markets to have some variety in my venison.

I plan on making a run on Saturday to get some "samples" first.

How about for burger? Know a good place and what they charge?

/for sausage I'd reccomend driving up to Ely, Zups or the other market in town both do superb sausage for cheap smile

good as an excuse to drive up there and combine an outdoor recreation trip with getting some sausage made

I have used steffen bros in albertville. They make great polish and country sausage. this year I took my deer to Center Cut meats in rogers. They were very resonable on their pricing, had quick turnaround, and they vacuum pack.