• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Williams Wall Suspended

CrappiesNCats

4 games according to fox 9 and nfl.com

strange thing is that grady jackson who took the same supplement did not get suspended.

3 games this year and 1 next since they can't be suspended for this next game, unless they file suit against the NFL which would make the suspension start next year

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 games according to fox 9 and nfl.com

strange thing is that grady jackson who took the same supplement did not get suspended.

3 games this year and 1 next since they can't be suspended for this next game, unless they file suit against the NFL which would make the suspension start next year

Sure looks like they are gone for the rest of this year unless by some gift the Vikes make the playoff's, I think I am putting my money on the Lions getting their first win this weekend

Kinda need lawdog here, but I'm guess they appeal and it goes into next year? Or file suit against the NFL as was discussed? Or an injunction is filed? confused

Hawkey on the Power Trip said it's like ordering a cheeseburger at a restaurant and getting high because someone working there slipped cocaine into the burger. Not exactly their fault.

Looks like the commish is laying down the law in black and white.

so if it goes down as 4 games is that only regular season games? if they play this week that leaves 3 games in the regular season..if we make playoffs does that mean we don't have the williams wall for round 1 of the playoffs? almost time to go postal!

Quote:
The rule is pretty simple. The players are responsible for what they put in their body's!

Suspensions and lawsuits should start tomorrow.

Told ya!

Playoff games don't count so they would be eligible for the any playoff action if we make it that far.

The Vikings front office may be smarter than people think. They are expected to file a single injunction tomorrow. that way one of the suspensions will likely not take place until next year. instead of compromising the line right now or next year we have the potential to split the suspensions which would be HUGELY advantageous for the Vikings.

Chris Collinsworth said it pretty well the other night when he explained that the players are given a list of substances the league has approved to be used. If they go outside of this list and something shows up they shall be suspended. No gray area and I think that is the way it should be. They were taking a product that wasn't on the list and although it contained a chemical that wasn't listed on the bottle which flagged the drug test, it all comes back to the product wasn't on the list. Period.

It wasn't like someone slipping something in their Baconator.

I'd be surprised if this suspension was held up in court.

"Here's a list of things you can do in the United States...By the way, if you do something that isn't on the list you may or may not be punished." Our legal system would be pretty busy.

If it's not listed on the bottle, how would you know? A slippery slope, just like FDA labeling, but that discussion is a whole other matter.

Doesn't matter if it's not listed as an ingredient. The product itself was not on the NFL list of approved products. Seems pretty cut and dried.

If a player was somewhat suspicious or wasn't sure about a product that wasn't on the approved list, don't you think the consequences are set high enough that they would at least inquire about it prior to ingesting the product?

Either they were too dumb to care or know, or they were trying to slip one by and were hoping not to get caught.

I think the NFL should send Godell to the NBA and put JERRY JONES in charge. That way The NBA gets cleaned up and the NFL gets run wild with drug abusers, wife beaters and terrorists like Plax. Then they can use Ditkas fav and remove the facemask from the helmets. Now that's football.

ole

I'd be surprised if this suspension was held up in court.

There is ZERO chance the courts will overturn the suspensions.

The only attainable goal now is getting one or both suspensions delayed.

The league HAD/HAS warned teams and the NFL Players Association that the maker of StarCaps had been added to the league's list of banned supplement-producers. Sorry guys knowing this and you still take their products shows you are not to bright.

In general, players are held responsible for any banned substances that they ingest, even unknowingly, under the NFL's policy on steroids and banned performance-enhancing substances.

More from the policy that every NFL player and agent has been notified and supposedly should have read!

" 'You and you alone are responsible for what goes into your body,' the policy has always stated. 'Claiming that you used only legally available nutritional supplements will not help you in an appeal.... Even if they are bought over-the-counter from a known establishment, there is currently no way to be sure that they contain the ingredients listed on the packaging or have not been tainted with prohibited substances.... If you take these products, you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK! For your own health and success in the league, we strongly encourage you to avoid the use of supplements altogether, or at the very least to be extremely careful about what you choose to take.'

They are fighting it and I doubt will be suspended. I was listening to KFAN on the way home today and they were saying that both the boys and the team would file against it because it affects them all and it's irreversable. These pills were not banned and they called to see if they could take them or not and didn't get an answer that said they couldn't take them. If the NFL is going to punish folks for what they take then they need to make sure when they call that they have the answers. Darrin Sharper was on the show today and said they did everything they were supposed to do before taking the pills.

These players are playing for millions. If I were a betting man I'd guess that two Pro Bowl defensive tackles have hired people to find supplements and cook meals for them. Those people are scouring the market for the next new thing, the competitive advantage. When you factor some players have playing weight written into their contract its no wonder they are taking so many pills. I would guess most things that an NFL player takes they know very little about. Does that shift the blame elsewhere? No, it still lies on the player as they are ultimately responsible for what they put in their body. If it were me I wouldn’t take any supplements or I’d go with the NFL sponsored supplement company. But I guess I see the accused as having a legal leg to stand on as the FDA’s code of federal regulations requires a supplement label to include 1) the statement of identity (name of the dietary supplement), 2) the net quantity of contents statement (amount of the dietary supplement), 3) the nutrition labeling, 4) the ingredient list, and 5) the name and place of business of the manufacturer, packer, or distributor.

bumantinide, or whatever it was called, was in the StarCaps stuff they took. Apparently it works as a diluter, so its important to note the concentration of the stuff. Bumantinide is on the list of the NFL’s substances that are not approved. That list is the cut and dried list that should have been followed (After looking for it I did find it, so I have to make that correction). Active and inert ingredients are the devil in the details and are required on supplement labels.

Interesting to see how it develops...I'll retract my statement and say that nothing would surprise me regarding upholding the suspension in court.