Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
portageman

St Croix Spring Bobber

4 posts in this topic

I know this has been posted before, but I cant seem to find it....

How are you guys converting regular rods to accomodate the St. Croix legend spring bobber. I know people are buying a guide and using epoxy, but I need more details. What size guide? What do you use to replace the rubber grommit on the St. Croix's? I would love it if someone posted pictures.

Funny you mention it. I just picked up everyting to do it for another rod. I picked up a rod tip replacement kit to get the tip. I think it is 6 mm hole size. I picked up some 5/32 id rubber grommets The gromment gets squeezed a little so that 5/32 shrinks enough to accomodate the 1/8 inch spring. I am going to use thread to wrap that tip to the rod and then epoxy.

I picked up one of the legend rods and I love it. So now I will be converting another rod to that spring. I really like the rest of the legend rod also. I wish they werent so expensive. I'd have 3 of them.

Get a size 8 single foot guide and knock out the ceramic ring on the inside and get a rubber grommet from sears that fits the id of the guide hole and your ready to roll once you epoxy it to the pole.