• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Cam - Not for hunting

titelines

Question

Every weekend I'm up at the cabin and I see all kinds of tracks and scat around...wolf, fox, deer, coyote etc. Most of it is new from the week before and I'd like to set up a camera so I can get a look at what's running around when I'm not there.

I have a vision in my head of me pulling out of the driveway and, as soon as I'm out of sight, all these critters emerge from the woods and hang out until I get there the next week.

Can anyone suggest a trail cam or something that would help me capture these guys on film? Don't want to spend a fortune, just curious to see what I've got there.

Thanks all!!

3 answers to this question

Moultrie 4.0 flash. You'll spend right around $100 for the unit. Takes 6 D cell batteries that I've had real good luck with decent battery life. I have 4 of them. I have 2SD cards for each unit so that I can switch cards out in the woods (use to drag the laptop with me before to pull pictures off).

I have a Moultrie 4.0 infrared. good unit not great. Goes for $200. Trigger time is a bit slow. Lots of units in the $200 range. Check out the Scoutgards. They seem to be the best bang for the buck right now. Those trail cams are a blast!