Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ec30_06

marcum lx-5 quick question

8 posts in this topic

What is the difference between the lx-5's with 2000 watts compared to the new ones with 2500 watts. Is it that much of an advantage to get a new one? I can get a deal on a 2007 lx-5 but don't want to buy it if the new ones are a lot better.

I think you would be happy with either one. If you can get a good deal on the 2000W one, I'd probably do it.

I guess it would also depend on how much of a price difference.

The new LX-5's have 500 watts more, back lit SFL and NBT, Patent Pending "Auto Tune" which is like having a sonar engineer right inside your unit. From checking out the built in Demo between this year and last year LX-5's the screen is definitely enhanced more. Can't wait to run mine on the ice.

CNY Tim I have been using my new LX-5 for a few weeks now and man what a difference between it and my old LX-3! Screen is way easier to read and I like the color scheme. I can read the smallest gills hangin on the bottom and its easier to read in the sun. Im glad I switched.

I am in the same boat as Northlander... from the LX-3tc to the LX5..... WOW! I love it.

Maybe I better just put up the cash and get the new one so I don't second guess myself all winter.