• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New to coyote hunting

scent killer, white clothing, camo clothing, variety of calls(hand calls or electronic or both), Shotgun or rifle, maybe a decoy, ect.

Basically its up to you on how much effort and patience you are going to put forth. Once you have your first yote you'll be hooked and want more.

I am also trying to get going in this sport. I have read the regs but am still a little unclear. I am planning on hunting southern MN for the coyotes, and it is alright to use the rifle out there (since its shotgun only for deer), correct? Also, how long do you typically give a stand/calling without any action before moving?

It depends on what time of day you are hunting them. morning close just when its getting light and evening when its just getting dark i usually stay a min of 45 min. I only do this because i tried staying longer once and it payed off. I was on stand for 1 hr and had 3 yotes come in just as the sun went down. Its payed off many times staying longer. Now hunting at night i usually wait 30 min and if i dont see or hear anything i move. Same thing if its windy out during all times of the day.