• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Car stereo install in fish house

Farley

Question

What do you do with the ACC wire for a pioneer cd player out of a car when you hook it up to the fish house battery? I dont know if the unit works or not, but last night I hooked the 12v constant to the positive of my truck battery then tried to ground it on the body of the truck. It sparked when I grounded it, but the unit wont turn on. I was wondering maybee the ACC wire that normally would go to the ignition has something to do with it? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

The ACC wire is the one you need for power to the unit. This is the one that supplies the radio with power when you turn the key to the "ACC" or "ON" position in your ignition. The "constant" wire only supplies power to retain the clock and preset memories. Hook both up to the positive terminal and the ground to the negative terminal. You can then shut the radio off with with the ON/OFF function of the radio or put a swith on the "ACC" wire.

connect the yellow and red wires together. (acc and power?) Connect to positive terminal on battery. Take the ground wire (black) and connect to negative on battery. (Acc is for accessory position for key in car. That will send the other positive signal to the radio to power on.) Walla it should turn on. Just to be safe run a 15amp fuse on red cable if there isn't one already.

As long as the frame of the fish house is grounded to the battery than its fine to use it as a ground. If you use the radio presets/clock than I would consider wiring the switch on the accessory wire and leaving the other power wire hot to retain the memory. Don't forget to fuse the power wires close to the battery!! The amount of draw during storage will be minimal and more than likely the batteries will be charging while its sitting anyways?

I installed the one in the boat exactly like the above except I ran wire to the battery ground! Ran it off the trolling battery and never had an issue with a low battery when it was off.