Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bondo

Ice Armor Boots

12 posts in this topic

I bought a pair of Cabela Predators for ice fishing. I'm hesitating on returning them for the new Ice Armor boots. The Predators are big! Although they do have 2200 grams. The Ice Armor Boots only have 1000 grams. Anybody heard anything about these boots. I have a suit and love it. Wondering if these boots are going to be warm enough?

I will no more in a few weeks when the guys I know that have them have run them more. So far they like them. Light and warm from what I hear so far.

Although the higher number of grams will indicate the amount of thinsulate material, that alone does not always indicate how warm a boot can perform. Other materials in the construction of the boot can affect it, like the air foam cells on the sole or such an air foam cell liner or wool liner in pac boots.

A few of the True Blue Team members will be testing them out and posting on their site the +/- of them. As many are also members here I'm sure they'll let us know also. I am in need of new boots also, and am holding out until I hear their reports.

I have a pair of the Cabel's Predators and they are by far the best boots I have ever had. Your feet will not get cold in those boots. I fished last season in some pretty cold weather and my feet stayed toasty.

Ya Know I got to lookin for those 2200 gram Cabela Predator and could only find the 1200 gram ones... I am looking forward to getting some reports because I'm itching to hit the ice.

The guy at Cabela's told me they are 1200 grams with a 1000 gram liner. I talked to Thorne Bros and they're pretty excited about them. I'm checking em out!

Stick with the Predators in my opinion.

Pros:

Warmest boot I've ever owned.

Excellent value.

Good for deer hunting into ice fishing.

Comfy.

Cons:

Huge, Can't drive with them on, I drove my Subaru into a snow bank / chain link fence in my back yard last year when I hit the gas as opposed to the brake. Bent the fence, no damage to the car, ego bruised, pants wet.

Bent the fence, no damage to the car, ego bruised, pants wet.

That made me laugh out loud! Thanks smile