• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Armor Boots

Bondo

I bought a pair of Cabela Predators for ice fishing. I'm hesitating on returning them for the new Ice Armor boots. The Predators are big! Although they do have 2200 grams. The Ice Armor Boots only have 1000 grams. Anybody heard anything about these boots. I have a suit and love it. Wondering if these boots are going to be warm enough?

Although the higher number of grams will indicate the amount of thinsulate material, that alone does not always indicate how warm a boot can perform. Other materials in the construction of the boot can affect it, like the air foam cells on the sole or such an air foam cell liner or wool liner in pac boots.

A few of the True Blue Team members will be testing them out and posting on their site the +/- of them. As many are also members here I'm sure they'll let us know also. I am in need of new boots also, and am holding out until I hear their reports.

Stick with the Predators in my opinion.

Pros:

Warmest boot I've ever owned.

Excellent value.

Good for deer hunting into ice fishing.

Comfy.

Cons:

Huge, Can't drive with them on, I drove my Subaru into a snow bank / chain link fence in my back yard last year when I hit the gas as opposed to the brake. Bent the fence, no damage to the car, ego bruised, pants wet.