• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

500 yard muzzleloader!!!???!!!!

lawdog

Holy cow, have any of you see the new muzzleloaders from "ultimate firearms"? FOUR 50 grain pellets and a magnum rifle primer out of a .45 pistol casing surrounding the nipple.

How far will we go with these modern marvels and still call them muzzleloaders? I'm not a big fan of the idea of shooting 500 yards with any gun so I sure won't be buying one, but wow...

You can put the manufacturer name into one word and add all the standard internet address stuff and find em there.

Originally Posted By: lawdog
You can put the manufacturer name into one word and add all the standard internet address stuff and find em there.

That requires too much thought. What's it rhyme with?

ultimate firearms at hot mom

The only thing that really restricts the modern muzzleloader, is our eyes.

If the muzzleloader season gets modern scopes, there won't much of a difference between it, and rifle season... at least for hunters who know how to pick their shots.

I have a Knight Long Range Hunter and it shoots pretty good groups at 200 yards on the bench. I would never toss that at game, but would feel VERY comfortable at 100-125.

I agree that it's getting out of hand. Even my gun has too much accuracy downrange. I'm young, and I remember the days of build-your-own kits and not seeing another hunter during muzzy season...

a few years ago I took one at 150yrds missed the first shot and hit the second shot and then hit with the third shot and put it down in its tracks. the second shot just grazed its belly under the kill zone. I'm not sure if I would shoot that far again but if the situation should arise I'll find out and by the way the third shot I had a solid rest the other shots were off hand.

as in just how far will the go with muzzel loaders to far aswith everything else! soon you be able to shove a rifle bullet down the barrel and shoot it

the mn scope law for muzzleloaders is lame and makes no sense.

but you can have scopes on them during shotgun season...yeah ok.

I disagree I like the rule. If you are going to have a separate muzzy season lets keep it traditional. What is traditional about shooting 200+ yards with a black powder gun?

I'm not getting the too much accuracy statement. i think some people are forgetting the muzzleloader manufactures aren't building these things strictly for minnesota hunters. there are states that allow scopes on a muzzleloader. it's simple if you don't like the modern muzzleloader get a flintlock, patch and ball hawken and miss at 70 yards.

wow, where will it end?

I hunted the days when muzzle loader season first came to be. not talking 150 years ago when that's all they had, but back in the 70's.

now the inlines with the pre made pellets, sabot slugs, shotgun primers,BAH!

I would love to see a TRUE muzzle loader season for 10 days before rifle season and then take your new inlines, call them "muzzys" if you want. that's a cutesie name, and shoot a two day season in the middle of february. in fact, make it a floating season anytime in february. that will weed out all the wussies and maybe we can get back to a REAL muzzle loader season.

I think a lot of the intention of the muzzle loader season has been taken away.

if they outlawed modern inline type muzzle loaders and modern powder and projectiles, how many would still go out?

exactly!

conneticut vally arms percussion cap and round ball in 50 calibur baby, good to a hundred paces no problem!

the real problem came in when you no longer had to choose, rifle or muzzleloader you had to pick one over the other. now it's all about how much more money we can make to spend on a convention.

AMEN, Bother!