• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabela's Trophy Purchase

make some story up call a cabelas say you shot a big deer that if very different looking and ask who to talk to about them buying it, i cold call all day and the best way to get around gate keepers that dont know anything is to lie to them so you can get answers from someone who does know there head from there you know what

What do you expect asking on an internet forum? I'd say you got some pretty decent responses. I learned more about the process by reading this post.

I would think by talking to either a store manager or someone in the hunting dept you could find out some answers. You could always do what they told you the first time and send in a picture.

If that was a "blow up" this site would be a much friendlier site than it can be. I've heard these types of stories for years with different bucks taken, but still haven't heard of or met anyone with a real experience with this.

Mike

MuskyMan- I'm not saying he took the deer off my land I just know the 3 of them hunting together were all over my land the day it was shot and why is that. The boot tracks don't lie and they are the only ones with access to my land. It was shot 2 miles south and a hair west of New York Mills on the north side of the Rush Lake tar. I went in the day after to hunt unaware of what went down the day before, but as I approached my stand(s) there were multiple boot tracks like they must have driven my land out, so disgusted I walked out and on the highway a guy asked hey, did you shoot the state record in there ? I said no well it was shot in there yesterday. Only the guy who shot it and the 2 he was hunting with no for sure where they got it, they also have lived in that town there whole life and they are very aware of where the property line is, they just don't care about the line if my truck isn't on the approach on the swamp road. He was offered a nice sum for that deer is what I've heard, but better hearing it from the horses mouth.

What would the guy have to say if I showed up with 2 of my friends and drove out his land which is a mile or two away ? Add in if I shot a state record buck and he knew I had trespassed on his land the day it was shot. I'm sure they weren't too happy about having snow that muzzleloader season, when there is no snow, i have no idea how often they are sitting in my stands or driving the deer back toward their property. Now I didn't check every square inch of my property to look for blood or drag marks etc. Wish I had now, I was just sick of going to my land to hunt realizing it had been driven out again, do you guys like to sit stands where the calvary has already driven it out ? I think we all know that all these mounts are there for viewing and drawing us in and hoping you spend even more money in these outdoor kinds of venue's.

It's probably that one, the guy is sitting on it in front of my dad's cousin's house which is 1/2 mile straight east of my land. They built that radon filled house right next to the swamp. That's why they think they can go through my land anytime, because it's my dad's cousin and I haven;t spoken with any of them since 2001. They called my dad angrily asking if I had trespassed on their land which I never have, yet they go through mine like my grandma through a fifth of whiskey but that's supposed to be ok because the swamp is the swamp, heck my land has been for sale for 2 years now, I don't see why they don't buy it, I took a 14 pointer there this season, I listed it in this upcoming issue of the outdoor news, look for the bold print 3 1/2 year old buck taken Nov. 9th and that's the one. 20th buck taken off the same stand ! smile

That's exactly why they can't leave it alone, I've taken too many mature bucks and I'm 37 years old and they swindled the land out of my uncle somehow just to get close to mine, to cut me off, but the big bucks keep surfacing year after year and it really irks them.

Quote:
That's exactly why they can't leave it alone, I've taken too many mature bucks and I'm 37 years old and they swindled the land out of my uncle somehow just to get close to mine, to cut me off, but the big bucks keep surfacing year after year and it really irks them.

Do you really think it's necessary to drag your neighbors through the mud on the internet just to make your land look like whitetail paradise so you can sell it?

Your posts are like a broken record.

what about made up whitetails for value

a friend was doing taxidermy and I noticed he liked to do does for cape on roadkilled deer we gave him,he said that after all prep work with foam neck and head etc. that a clean undamaged does scalp made a better finish than starting with original buck head with antler holes

I am going to have him make the worlds largest 4 point whitetail using one of the very large muley antler sets I found on a walk in Montana.You can pass the antlers around your shoulders and down your sides without rubbing hard.Going to mount it on doe whitetail,not to fake anybody out but as a conversation piece.

He had several of the road kills hanging in a sport shop where we live and they looked very nice.

I got lucky and got velvet covered road kill ten and eleven point central mn. deer from taxadermist quiting the buisness and paid only $250.. apiece for them been offered 4 times that for them .We borrwowed them to state park for display so people could see and touch the velvet.I think I am going to give them the 11 pointer for keeps as they really liked it.

Traded a very large 3 by 3 muly that I found probaly 7 to 10 years dead that hadnt been chewed by mice for a new 90 horse honda 5 years ago so there is some value to those antlers.

A lady was advertising that she is looking for antlers and fish mounts for her husbands office so I am going to call her and try and get rid of some road kill deer and Lake Traverse winter kill Walleye a shop did 15 years ago .

Sad part is some bozos are stealing mounts or were around here and stole some stuff from one guy I know.

I just hope people are being legitamate about where these things come from.

I think farms growing these is ok as long as they present the mount as such,not like the circle c did in Texas selling deer hunts down there on Minnesota bucks they transported from here.That puts them both in prison,kinda like OJ and baseball

Really hope that people can keep antlers fun and legitamate,tell the hole story on how they made it to the wall

Actually, been thinkin, why pay the big $$$$ for somebody else's mounts that are very nice, but not famous? Yes, they have noteworthy animals that are bought or leased, but not every store can display the world record antelope!

Unless they name the hunter (I haven't looked), they don't have to buy the rights or give credit to anyone. Especially for filler heads.

After reading some more of these comments, I'm wondering if alot of those mounts aren't just made up replicas of whatever deer they want it to look like. They're kinda like snowflakes after all. All unique.

It would be much cheaper to buy capes, make horns and antlers, then pay someone to piece it all together.

Hmmm. Maybe that's why the answers are hard to come by confused

Whats that smell????? A conspiracy maybe????

BTW, I do like the store. I'm not trying to bash em.